Transportation options for around a two hour drive in Central Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transportation options for around a two hour drive in Central Florida

I live in the Tampa Bay area and have a friend who lives in Longwood, which is not too far north of Orlando. It's around a 2 Hour drive to get there. My caregiving situation, while stable right now, just doesn't include anybody that could sacrifice an entire day to take me up there, wait around, then take me back home several hours later. And my father's now way to old to attempt such a drive. I don't really have any other family members that live down here that could do something like this either.

I do on my own accessible van but I cannot drive it myself. So getting somebody to drive my own vehicle is one option. I would also be willing to take the train or a bus except I don't know how I would get to my friends house from the train depot or bus stop once I got there. I would also then have to get back when the visit is over.

I could just simply advertise in the appropriate places for something like this but I thought I would ask here first because there's always the possibility that somebody here is aware of something that I am not. So if anybody has any ideas I would greatly appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks.
    C4-C5 Quad since 9/15/85

Uber/lyft on the two ends. Train?

Comment

Lyft doesn't to accessible and not 100% Uber wav is in Tampa but its not in Longwood...

If you do dial a ride in you home city I would to that to the train station and then reach out to Longwood and use theirs as a visitor. Just need to get approved.

Bad news at 3 hours each way doesn't leave a lot of time to visit.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tamp...28.7030519!3e3

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
        Uber/lyft on the two ends. Train?
        That's a possibility but I was hoping for something more direct. Thanks for the suggestion though.
        C4-C5 Quad since 9/15/85

Comment

Originally posted by RollinPositive View Post
          Lyft doesn't to accessible and not 100% Uber wav is in Tampa but its not in Longwood...

If you do dial a ride in you home city I would to that to the train station and then reach out to Longwood and use theirs as a visitor. Just need to get approved.

Bad news at 3 hours each way doesn't leave a lot of time to visit.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tamp...28.7030519!3e3
          That's definitely better than nothing but once again something more direct would obviously be better. I wouldn't mind the travel time so much if it didn't shorten the visit so much.

Thanks for the link.
          C4-C5 Quad since 9/15/85

Comment

Working...
          X