No announcement yet.

Get out the word, great accessible escape Home outside Orlando, Tiffsplace.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get out the word, great accessible escape Home outside Orlando, Tiffsplace.org

Found this through word-of-mouth while searching for potential Ideas and or places to go for quadriplegics, great place for children, totally 100% accessible, all the bells and whistle‘s. I could not help but donate $ The little I have myself, and soliciting donations like a Girl Scout with an extended family with an appetite for cookies. Run by wonderful people for wonderful people like ourselves. Please visit the site at https://Tiffsplace.org.

[...]
    Last edited by Oddity; 23 Oct 2020, 12:58 PM. Reason: Working link and moved back to right forum

Hmmmm doesn't make a lot of sense..I looked over the website and its a nice website but lacking a lot of information about staying there and when you pull up the address its in the middle of nowhere and hoping the place has been updated because the pictures of the home in 2018 look pretty rough

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...2676276_zpid/?

Its 41 miles away from Orlando?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Disn...28.6627309!3e0

Families normally look to travel and have a child and or family member that are wheelchair bound can stay in hotels with no problems and be able to bring a hoyer lift or rent one.

It take just a little effort in setting up arrangements but simple and easy

Comment

But, look how homey it is with that huge confederate flag!
      Makes me pine for Dixie!

69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

RollingPostive and pfcs49,

I reached out to them and discovered it has been completely rebuilt and updated since the 2018 Zillow listing. The 2018 inaccessibility and Confederate Flag have no association with the current property or owners. There are a couple video tours of the site as it is now, at the website tiffsplace.org and it indeed fully accessible and very wheelchair friendly.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
          But, look how homey it is with that huge confederate flag!
          Makes me pine for Dixie!

Thats funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
            RollingPostive and pfcs49,

I reached out to them and discovered it has been completely rebuilt and updated since the 2018 Zillow listing. The 2018 inaccessibility and Confederate Flag have no association with the current property or owners. There are a couple video tours of the site as it is now, at the website tiffsplace.org and it indeed fully accessible and very wheelchair friendly.
            Don't get me wrong its a great idea just not sure how practical if your a family that's headed to Orland to vacation 80 miles plus of driving if someone was going now they have to rent a van...

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
              SCI-Nurse commented
              Editing a comment
              Not everyone who goes to Florida for a vacation is going to Orlando or Disneyworld. This looks like a nice escape from cold Northern winters for a family that needs an accessible place to stay.

The operator; Melissa, embarked into the project out of more emotion and goodness of her heart than particular skill of managing such a project or admittedly, operating a 501c3. As such, she’s been overwhelmed with initial budget cost overruns from a zealous general contractor, a bit short on experience with marketing, and not the least being victim of poor timing with project completion last spring, plagued with Covid delays and opening in June: when no one was traveling, especially going South mid summer.
            That said, she’s seeking any and all assistance in garnering interest by the disabled communities and their families. She’s got a fund going to get an accessible van for airport pick up. Horse barn restoration, and even a pool down the pike.
            I am merely acquainted with Melissa by phone. We were introduced vis-a-vis a local Florida sci support group. I’m in NJ so I’m reaching out to Kessler, Rusk, Shriners, Kennedy-Kreiger etc. if any CC member can offer any assistance or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Working...
            X