Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying with Hoyer Advance Lift

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flying with Hoyer Advance Lift

    I'm looking at buying a new hoyer lift. Has anyone taken the Hoyer Advance on an airplane? If so, what did you pack it in? I like the molift because it has a travel case, but really don't want an electric lift that will only be used for travel due to maintenance. Was curious also if anyone knows whether the hoyer advance will fit in the molift case. Any advice is appreciated.

    Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by tyson133 View Post
    I'm looking at buying a new hoyer lift. Has anyone taken the Hoyer Advance on an airplane? If so, what did you pack it in? I like the molift because it has a travel case, but really don't want an electric lift that will only be used for travel due to maintenance. Was curious also if anyone knows whether the hoyer advance will fit in the molift case. Any advice is appreciated.

    Thanks
    So you want the Hoyer Advance (hydraulic version) to use as an everyday lift? What do you mean by really don't want an electric lift that will only be used for travel due to maintenance? I don't see why you couldn't use an electric lift everyday. I have had both lifts (electric power version). I prefer the Molift (honestly it isn't even close). I have the Smart Bag for traveling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNFiDju5i30 I have not taken it on a plane so I can't help you there. I know Molift has a Hard Case also.

    Comment


    • #3
      We had a Take-Along lift for my mother. I made a heavy duty canvas cover for it, which had printed on it how to move it in Spanish and English. We took it all over the world. Always gate checked it.

      (KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post

        So you want the Hoyer Advance (hydraulic version) to use as an everyday lift? What do you mean by really don't want an electric lift that will only be used for travel due to maintenance? I don't see why you couldn't use an electric lift everyday. I have had both lifts (electric power version). I prefer the Molift (honestly it isn't even close). I have the Smart Bag for traveling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNFiDju5i30 I have not taken it on a plane so I can't help you there. I know Molift has a Hard Case also.
        No, I have a ceiling lift at home for every day use....What I meant was that as this lift will only be a travel/backup lift I don't want electric because it won't be getting every day use, and I would still need to maintain batteries etc....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tyson133 View Post

          No, I have a ceiling lift at home for every day use....What I meant was that as this lift will only be a travel/backup lift I don't want electric because it won't be getting every day use, and I would still need to maintain batteries etc....
          Ok, I understand now. We still like the Molift. It stays plugged in when we are not using it.

          Comment


          • #6
            A powered lift is much safer for your caregivers to use.

            (KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tyson133 View Post
              I'm looking at buying a new hoyer lift. Has anyone taken the Hoyer Advance on an airplane? If so, what did you pack it in? I like the molift because it has a travel case, but really don't want an electric lift that will only be used for travel due to maintenance. Was curious also if anyone knows whether the hoyer advance will fit in the molift case. Any advice is appreciated.

              Thanks
              Sometimes when people ask about taking lifts, its a lot of work for someone other then us...people that travel with us parents, siblings, partners, spouses, caregivers have so much on there plate...then to have to drag lifts around, pack and unpack.


              Look also at renting they can usually drop off before you arrive and pick up after you leave.

              Comment

              Working...
              X