Wheelchair accessible cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelchair accessible cabin

Looking for a wheelchair accessible cabin in Georgia, Tennessee or North Carolina.

Renting or buying?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
      Renting or buying?

(KLD)
      Renting.

Comment

Did you look on AirBnB? They now include requesting only accessible facilities when doing your search.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

https://littlevalleymountainresort.c...ssible-cabins/

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            Did you look on AirBnB? They now include requesting only accessible facilities when doing your search.

(KLD)
            I will check it out. Thanks

Comment

Thanks! Have you stayed at any of the cabins?

Comment

Hi, I have not. I saw it from the facebook page of "Curb free with Cory Lee", a travel blogger with a disability.

Comment

Those look very nice if you want to stay in a resort...

(KLD)

Comment

Originally posted by landrover View Post
                    Hi, I have not. I saw it from the facebook page of "Curb free with Cory Lee", a travel blogger with a disability.
                    Thanks

Comment

I stayed here back in September and it was fantastic. Super close to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. The cabin was amazing and completely accessible with roll-in to the first floor and an elevator to get to the other floors. I HIGHLY recommend it.

2002 Thistle Thorn Trail, Sevierville TN 37876, https://www.blackbearvacations.com/p...y/smoky-vista/

The owners were awesome too. There was an issue with the shower chair when we arrived, so we just bought a new one and they credited us for the cost the same day. That was the only issue the whole time. The views were utterly incredible. It has been the only place I've been where the actual views are even better than the pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by ToastGuard View Post
                        I stayed here back in September and it was fantastic. Super close to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. The cabin was amazing and completely accessible with roll-in to the first floor and an elevator to get to the other floors. I HIGHLY recommend it.

2002 Thistle Thorn Trail, Sevierville TN 37876, https://www.blackbearvacations.com/p...y/smoky-vista/

The owners were awesome too. There was an issue with the shower chair when we arrived, so we just bought a new one and they credited us for the cost the same day. That was the only issue the whole time. The views were utterly incredible. It has been the only place I've been where the actual views are even better than the pictures!
                        Pretty cool place! How many days did you stay? How many people did you have with you? Definitely going to check into it! Thanks

Comment

We stayed for a week (6 nights/7 Days). There were 9 of us including two toddlers who got their own room. There were at least 5 beds that went completely unused, but it was still worth it. It was not cheap, but it was celebrating my dad's retirement so my parents booked it and then my brothers and I supplied the food.

Comment

Originally posted by ToastGuard View Post
                            We stayed for a week (6 nights/7 Days). There were 9 of us including two toddlers who got their own room. There were at least 5 beds that went completely unused, but it was still worth it. It was not cheap, but it was celebrating my dad's retirement so my parents booked it and then my brothers and I supplied the food.
                            Nice! Congratulations to your dad! We would only have 5 people. So it might be more than we need. But we really like it. If we can't find anything else maybe we will stay there.

Comment

Working...
                            X