Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warm Winter Getaway

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Warm Winter Getaway

    Just curious, where are some great places you've visited to get away from the cold weather. We've done Maui, Oahu, Disney World, Caribbean cruises and went to a great vrbo by Cabo in Los Barriles, Excellence resort in Dominican Republic. Thinking about Costa Rica maybe next year.

    #2
    Originally posted by NebrFarmer View Post
    Just curious, where are some great places you've visited to get away from the cold weather. We've done Maui, Oahu, Disney World, Caribbean cruises and went to a great vrbo by Cabo in Los Barriles, Excellence resort in Dominican Republic. Thinking about Costa Rica maybe next year.
    New Orleans, South Beach and Savannah are just a few. It all depends on what you like to do.

    Comment


      #3
      Disney World/Universal was great cuz it's very accessible. Went around Halloween and it was very warm during the day but could get pretty chilly at night, to the point I'd be shivering. Had to pack jacket and blanket when I headed out in the morning.

      Went to Punta Cana, DR, early this year and it was pretty nice. Not entirely accessible but they tried.

      My travel companions complain about humid, hot weather but I rather like it after my injury, I think, because I don't really sweat and can't feel the stickiness all over me. Rare perk.

      Comment


        #4
        I much have been living in MN. too long as Nebraska sounds like a nice winter break. It was -8 earlier, close to zero now but still around -20 Windchill.

        Comment


          #5
          Went to a Costa Rica resort a few years back, it was "fairly" accessible, but anything outside it was pretty tough, had to roll down the streets in the city because the sidewalk had like an 8" curb and no cuts anywhere. We had fun, mostly because a lot of family was there, but it is a beautiful place. Key West is a laid back place to visit, most places you want to go are readily accessible, with some places a little harder.
          "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

          Comment


            #6
            wind is 20plus mp 55 degree and coming off ocean its cold but it snowing in ohio at sons and talked to a customer in Duluth mn it was -20

            Comment


              #7
              Thinking a trip to Phoenix, Arizona could be good end of March. Make a couple nights in Fountain Hills with friends then to Sedona for a few. Any recommendations? I'm the wife to my dear C4/5 complete husband. We enjoy sight seeing, eating , little gambling, and entertainment like live bands etc. I like some shopping not so much him. He may get into the art stuff a little like the hand blown glass and things of that nature. I the the Talking Stick Resort or one of those good to stay at?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by NebrFarmer View Post
                Thinking a trip to Phoenix, Arizona could be good end of March. Make a couple nights in Fountain Hills with friends then to Sedona for a few. Any recommendations? I'm the wife to my dear C4/5 complete husband. We enjoy sight seeing, eating , little gambling, and entertainment like live bands etc. I like some shopping not so much him. He may get into the art stuff a little like the hand blown glass and things of that nature. I the the Talking Stick Resort or one of those good to stay at?

                Phoenix can be hit and miss for cold in March some years its plus 70 some times in can be in 50s.

                I wouldn't stay at the casino as its nice but smoky and over prices but lots to do in that area..

                https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ta...1.869849?hl=en

                Comment


                  #11
                  In March we have spring training games!
                  Salt River Fields at Talking Stick



                  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Salt+River+Fields+at+Talking+Stick/@33.5449948,-111.8834032,1045m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x872b0ac174620f85:0x86afb 20925cc049d!8m2!3d33.5449984!4d-111.8861711?hl=en

                  Comment


                    #13
                    Fountain Hills is 30 min east of that area and Sedona hour and half north...

                    Message me more then willing to help you all if you come to Phoenix in March!

                    Comment


                      #14
                      Tempting!!!
                      "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
                      T5/6 complete

                      Comment


                        #15
                        Originally posted by McDuff View Post
                        Went to a Costa Rica resort a few years back, it was "fairly" accessible, but anything outside it was pretty tough, had to roll down the streets in the city because the sidewalk had like an 8" curb and no cuts anywhere.
                        Where in Costa Rica? When I visited there in 2018 I stayed in a nice resort in the Fortuna/Arenal area that was fully accessible; even a lift for the pool. I happened to be assigned to an accessible casita, and it had a non-platform bed and a roll-in shower, accessible sink in the bathroom, and was close to the single level accessible dining room/restaurant. I think they have improved their accessibility in most tourist areas significantly in the last few years.

                        This is where we stayed: https://www.arenalmanoa.com/

                        The interior of in the mountains and upland valleys in Costa Rica are cooler (but still warm) than the coast, with fewer insects as well in the rain and cloud forests. Beautiful country, lots of wildlife. I would not stay in San Jose though...too much traffic and congestion.

                        Lots of American and Canadian ex-pats in Costa Rica, and many rent out their houses/condos when they are not in the country.

                        Another area in Latin American you might want to look at is the Pacific Coast of Mexico, including Puerto Vallarta and Zihautanejo. Lots of ex-pats who own vacation condos which they rent out when not there.

                        (KLD)
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X