Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent: Airline won't take power wheelchair (now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems as if they aren't making it difficult for us, they're destroying our equipment at surprising rates too!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/4270695002
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
      Seems as if they aren't making it difficult for us, they're destroying our equipment at surprising rates too!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/4270695002

I am not saying damage doesn't happen but I haven't had any in years...

Just a few simple steps need to be taken at the airport, know what to expect and making sure your dealing with the right people at the airport to make sure your flight goes smooth.

Plus if you have a challenge how to address it.

My guess is when people post these kind of post they are not travelers and think it servers come kind positive reinforcement.

What these "hysteric" articles do when someone post them is to convince people that might want to fly to stay home.

Believe me there are places to see and things to do and there is NO reason because one uses a wheelchair or power chair not to enjoy the opportunity to travel by airlines!

I have said this before if anyone needs someone to walk them through it from marking arrangements, to being there for flight day I am more then willing to help.

Have given out my phone number many times to people I have never met just to offer that security needed.

One of the best stories I can share is HACKNSACK44 reached out to me as his wife had just got married and wanted to honeymoon in Las Vegas so we messaged back and forth and he got his whole trip planned and they even sent me a selfie once loaded in the plane.

The had a great trip and now they travel all over the US and just enjoyed a trip to the French Quarter...

Do things happen...of course but everything is fixable and we learn from each adventure.

Comment

Agreed. No one should not fly for fear of their chair being damaged. No one should fly ignorant of the possibility either. Be prepared for any eventuality as best as one can, especially when far from home.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by RollinPositive View Post
          One of the best stories I can share is HACKNSACK44 reached out to me as his wife had just got married and wanted to honeymoon in Las Vegas so we messaged back and forth and he got his whole trip planned and they even sent me a selfie once loaded in the plane.

The had a great trip and now they travel all over the US and just enjoyed a trip to the French Quarter...

Do things happen...of course but everything is fixable and we learn from each adventure.
          RollinPositive is a great guy and he is very helpful with traveling. If I have any problems or situations that I need help with he does not hesitate to help me out. And yes things do happen you just gotta keep on moving.

Comment

Working...
          X