Question for California, Florida and New Jersey travelers & residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Note that this regulation was in place in in the 2000 and 2010 standards as well. In addition, few older hotels have not undergone renovation since these standards went into effect.

Not sure why you have to be so self-righteous about your ease of travel, which does not include the need to use a lift, as many here do.

(KLD)
    Its important that you put out information that was not correct. Not self righteous what so ever if you read what I said I am working to help others travel that need help and 2 of the 3 trips are using lifts.

I have always offered to help those that need help in travel and to go a step past there are some here I have given my number to so they can call me and or text me if they needed help at the airport and or while traveling.

But this is not the 1st time you have posted information that needed clarification.

I took the time to get a true experts input on the subject.

I would hope you of all people would understand complaining on a message board serves no purpose and wasted energy.

When there are people here and else where that are more then willing to help those that need help in travel.

Comment

Didn't know that was a law. I understand how it helps people with lift but at the same time it hurts people like me that need low beds. My favorite accessible rooms are the ones where the box spring and mattress sit directly on the floor, you don't find them very often but I know a few places. There are so many types of disabilities and needs that it seems almost impossible to design codes that work for everyone. I sure don't have an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by wes4dbt View Post
        Didn't know that was a law. I understand how it helps people with lift but at the same time it hurts people like me that need low beds. My favorite accessible rooms are the ones where the box spring and mattress sit directly on the floor, you don't find them very often but I know a few places. There are so many types of disabilities and needs that it seems almost impossible to design codes that work for everyone. I sure don't have an answer.

Perfect example of all our needs are different and remember its not a law that covers all hotels its only California and only hotels that are newer which most calif hotels are older and it doesn't apply!

But in your case always call the hotel ask for the GM and see if housekeeping can lower the bed to accommodate your need for a lower bed.

Some beds and hotel brands have no problem accommodating bed height!

Comment

Working...
        X