Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Las Vegas, Help Getting In and Out of Bed?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Las Vegas, Help Getting In and Out of Bed?

    My wife and I have been to Las Vegas many, many times. However, I am now 65 and she is 68. She had a total hip done two years ago and her other hip will be done in early September. She has a torn rotator cuff and her back is bad. I have had my butt surgically repaired twice in the past three years. As such, we are not "spring chickens" any longer and I need help transferring in and out of bed. We always stay at the Bellagio.

    Does anyone know if I can get some sort of help in Las Vegas to help me get in and out of bed only. No showers, no bowel or bladder help needed, no dressing or undressing help needed either. All I need is one or possibly two people to lift me into my wheelchair from the bed in the morning and out of my wheelchair and into the bed at night.

    I will be contacting our casino host at the Bellagio to see if he has any suggestions. But there are only two rooms there that have ceiling lifts and they cannot guarantee I will get one of those rooms. I got fucked over by the casino host about six years ago when he guaranteed me the room and when we went to check in upon arrival, the rooms had been given to other people and they would not move out of the rooms for me.

    I don't really want to pay for my PCA to come with us as I would have to pay for the flight and her room which would be around $1400 just for her.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

    #2
    Nursing school students at UNLV?

    Comment


      #3
      Maybe you could rent a lift from a local dme supplier?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by smokey View Post
        My wife and I have been to Las Vegas many, many times. However, I am now 65 and she is 68. She had a total hip done two years ago and her other hip will be done in early September. She has a torn rotator cuff and her back is bad. I have had my butt surgically repaired twice in the past three years. As such, we are not "spring chickens" any longer and I need help transferring in and out of bed. We always stay at the Bellagio.

        Does anyone know if I can get some sort of help in Las Vegas to help me get in and out of bed only. No showers, no bowel or bladder help needed, no dressing or undressing help needed either. All I need is one or possibly two people to lift me into my wheelchair from the bed in the morning and out of my wheelchair and into the bed at night.

        I will be contacting our casino host at the Bellagio to see if he has any suggestions. But there are only two rooms there that have ceiling lifts and they cannot guarantee I will get one of those rooms. I got fucked over by the casino host about six years ago when he guaranteed me the room and when we went to check in upon arrival, the rooms had been given to other people and they would not move out of the rooms for me.

        I don't really want to pay for my PCA to come with us as I would have to pay for the flight and her room which would be around $1400 just for her.

        Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
        The Bellagio has ceiling lifts in some of their accessible rooms. They also have adjustable beds in the accessible rooms. This is the room we stayed in on our honeymoon.
        Attached Files

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
          The Bellagio has ceiling lifts in some of their accessible rooms. They also have adjustable beds in the accessible rooms. This is the room we stayed in on our honeymoon.
          Thanks Hacky but as I already said the casino host there (Michael Black) fucked me over by promising me one of the accessible rooms but the reservation staff simply gave the rooms to other people. I do have a question for you though.....after looking at your picture...did you have to bring the SureHands? Body Support or did the hotel have that already? Thanks.

          PS, I do like the adjustable beds so I can empty my shitbag in the middle of the night.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by smokey View Post
            Thanks Hacky but as I already said the casino host there (Michael Black) fucked me over by promising me one of the accessible rooms but the reservation staff simply gave the rooms to other people. I do have a question for you though.....after looking at your picture...did you have to bring the SureHands? Body Support or did the hotel have that already? Thanks.

            PS, I do like the adjustable beds so I can empty my shitbag in the middle of the night.
            Sorry I don't know how I missed that about the casino host. Have you already reached out to the hotel? The hotel had the body support. They had it in storage I believe.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by smokey View Post
              My wife and I have been to Las Vegas many, many times. However, I am now 65 and she is 68. She had a total hip done two years ago and her other hip will be done in early September. She has a torn rotator cuff and her back is bad. I have had my butt surgically repaired twice in the past three years. As such, we are not "spring chickens" any longer and I need help transferring in and out of bed. We always stay at the Bellagio.

              Does anyone know if I can get some sort of help in Las Vegas to help me get in and out of bed only. No showers, no bowel or bladder help needed, no dressing or undressing help needed either. All I need is one or possibly two people to lift me into my wheelchair from the bed in the morning and out of my wheelchair and into the bed at night.

              I will be contacting our casino host at the Bellagio to see if he has any suggestions. But there are only two rooms there that have ceiling lifts and they cannot guarantee I will get one of those rooms. I got fucked over by the casino host about six years ago when he guaranteed me the room and when we went to check in upon arrival, the rooms had been given to other people and they would not move out of the rooms for me.

              I don't really want to pay for my PCA to come with us as I would have to pay for the flight and her room which would be around $1400 just for her.

              Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
              6 years ago is a long time ago...but you need to go through the hotel and book that room with the lift. Once its booked its yours.

              Can you use the lift on your own?

              If you hire someone like a local PCA they are going to want a minimum hours booked I would do it though apps like care.com.

              Comment

              Working...
              X