Disney Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney Springs

My wife and I went to Disney Springs last night and were shocked to see more electric car spaces than handicap spaces (3 to 1). The handicap space in the picture wasn't available so we were lucky enough to grab a end space so no one could park next to us. If you look close in the empty electric car space you can see where they removed the handicap logo on the ground. Pretty messed up!
    Attached Files

Our local Whole Foods Market has the same deal. There must be 8 electric car recharge parking spaces and only 3 handicapped spaces. What is up with that?!?!?!

Comment

The ADA regs have a minimum number of handicapped spaces required based on the total number of spaces in the lot. You may want to get that info for these locations to see if they are in compliance.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Disney Springs is TERRIBLE for handicap parking. Just plain terrible. Looks like you had to go to the top floor, right? Everything else was taken?
        I'm so tired of handicap parking being there becasue it's wheelchair accessible, but maybe 15% of the people parking are using chairs.
        Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Did a little research and found some interesting things. First the Lime Garage has around 2,000 parking spaces which means there should be around 30 accessible parking spaces. https://adata.org/factsheet/parking. I seriously doubt there are 30 accessible parking spaces in the Lime Garage. I might have to head back over and do some counting. Second this article https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ey-springs.htm says when the Lime Garage opened it had two electric car spaces. Now it has three after taking one of the accessible parking spaces. When did electric car charging become more important than accessible parking?

Comment

Originally posted by Crappler View Post
            Disney Springs is TERRIBLE for handicap parking. Just plain terrible. Looks like you had to go to the top floor, right? Everything else was taken?
            I'm so tired of handicap parking being there becasue it's wheelchair accessible, but maybe 15% of the people parking are using chairs.
            You are correct. We had to park on the top floor. It's ridiculous! It's Disney so I don't think they care about disabled people. Sad but true!

Comment

Shit, locally there's a small mall & Lowes. Suddenly they've got a new category of desirable spaces tagged "veterans"
              WTF?
              69yo male T12 complete since 1995
              NW NJ

Comment

That will only get worse at EVs get more popular.

Most of the time we take the end spot and leave the WC spot for someone else.

ADA only has to have a % to the total lots spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by RollPositive View Post
                  How frequently do you find that convenient "end spot?" Not often in my experience.
                  Last edited by gjnl; 16 Jul 2019, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                    Shit, locally there's a small mall & Lowes. Suddenly they've got a new category of desirable spaces tagged "veterans"
                    WTF?
                    Same with my local Lowes. 6-8 vet parking at front door. Handicap parking has been reduced and relocated far from front door at the outdoor/plants end of building.
                    Sucks because I could walk to their elec carts when I had someone with me (some times solo when I felt brave). Difficult and wobbly as hell but I did it for the exercise and challenge.
                    They removed that option for me.

Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
                    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Originally posted by RollPositive View Post
                      That will only get worse at EVs get more popular.

ADA only has to have a % to the total lots spaces.
                      We've all seen Handicap parking abuse (healthy grandchild using grandma's car with placard or tag). Unless it's a government building/parking, police will not do anything. I called them once. They told me management would have to report it.
                      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
                      Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

If not in compliance with ADA regs file formal complaint with management citing the regs. If unresponsive, then file a DOJ ADA complaint. The ADA is only enforced through this process of those whose rights are violated advocating for themselves and others.

(KLD)
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I use this app if I see someone illegally using an accessible space. https://www.parkingmobility.com/about

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                            If not in compliance with ADA regs file formal complaint with management citing the regs. If unresponsive, then file a DOJ ADA complaint. The ADA is only enforced through this process of those whose rights are violated advocating for themselves and others.

(KLD)
                            This!

Comment

Hack: Just some thoughts not directed at you but our community.

As a side note...lots being full is 100% different then someone parking illegally.

I have said this before..being disabled is not a get out of jail card and we get to go to the front of the line.

Not to minimize the issue but I see so many people with in our community get so fired up on parking.

We can not control what people do and we also make assumptions on what level of disability people have to have in our eyes to park on wc spots.

So many times we assume because its someone young and able to walk and no mobility we get fired up and assume its someone else card!

FYI I use to have the most killer sports car and it even had a vanity plate that said zoom and I cant tell you how many times people old and young would be at my door wanting to kick my ass for parking there.

At the time my disability didn't show as much and while sitting in the car it didn't show.

Once I open the door and struggled to get out it was more apparent but still had people make there nasty comments, throw drink at me or my car and want to start fights over me parking in wc spots.

Those of us with mobility does it really matter if we park close or at the end of a row?

Try taking to spots at the end and put your Packard up have never had an issue or a ticket.

Comment

Working...
                              X