Petition for ADA/Access Board on hotel accessibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RollPositive View Post
    We stayed at that hotel once a few years ago for an event at Staples center/Convention Center.

The $52 parking charge per night was a surprise, even though we flew in to Burbank a friend and his wife drove. Once sunset the area got pretty sketchy walking from just the Grand Central Market.

Great during the week with business foot traffic really empty on weekend.
    Yeah thanks RP. I lived near and worked in downtown Los Angeles for 12 years, know the area pretty well. Omni Hotel to Staples Center is nearly 2 miles. If your reason for the trip is an event at Staples Center, you are better off choosing to stay at the JW Marriott, Ritz Carlton, or Renaissance at LA Live (room rates more or less in the same price range as the Omni). Staples Center and immediate surrounds, anything from roughly Pico to 7th/8th and Figueroa to the Freeway is indeed sketchy.

The Grand Market is touristy and in that immediate area, you've got that element of people who prey on tourists at the market. Grand Market is about 10 minutes away and not on our agenda.

We will be in Los Angeles entertaining friends at dinner to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and then we plan on taking in The Broad, which is just a couple minutes walk away from the Omni. We've stayed at the Omni our last couple trips to Los Angeles. Did all my homework and am aware of the parking fee. It is pretty much in line with parking at nearby hotels and not a surprise. It is valet parking with unlimited in and out privileges. You have to factor that in as part of the room rate. You know..just roll with it.

But thanks for your concern.
    Last edited by gjnl; 9 Apr 2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

[APOORVA GANDHI
      Vice President, Multicultural Affairs | Marriott International
      phone: 301-380-4209 | mobile: 301-318-6606
      address: 10400 Fernwood Rd. | Bethesda, MD 20817
      Email: apoorva.gandhi@marriott.com[/QUOTE]

In an email, Mr. Gandhi welcomed my message about platform beds and said he forwarded it to their room design team. h/t to Hacknsack44
      Hotel list: Hoyer-friendly beds, low and adjustable-height beds

Blog: https://thewheeledwonder.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Spitzbub View Post
        [In an email, Mr. Gandhi welcomed my message about platform beds and said he forwarded it to their room design team. h/t to Hacknsack44
        Awesome! Thanks to landover for reaching out to Mr. Gandhi and passing his information on. Everyone should reach out to him and express your concerns.

Comment

Working...
        X