Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGM grand Las Vegas - accessible rooms with Wheel-in Showers? Other hotels?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Just curious, in addition to those hotels that have ceiling track lifts, do any of them also have adjustable beds (can raise/lower head)?

    On a side note, after watching the first video, what the heck is a "roll-in tub"?? I've never heard of such a thing. Is it simply a standard tub with a bench? The name is misleading.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by landrover View Post
      Just curious, in addition to those hotels that have ceiling track lifts, do any of them also have adjustable beds (can raise/lower head)?

      On a side note, after watching the first video, what the heck is a "roll-in tub"?? I've never heard of such a thing. Is it simply a standard tub with a bench? The name is misleading.
      The Bellagio had an adjustable bed two years ago. Of course the picture doesn't show it. But it did.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by landrover View Post
        Just curious, in addition to those hotels that have ceiling track lifts, do any of them also have adjustable beds (can raise/lower head)?

        On a side note, after watching the first video, what the heck is a "roll-in tub"?? I've never heard of such a thing. Is it simply a standard tub with a bench? The name is misleading.

        I watched the video and I think it is miss titled its a tub with a fold down seat...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by RollPositive View Post
          I watched the video and I think it is miss titled its a tub with a fold down seat...
          landrover: Aria has adjustable beds to its rooms with lifts.

          Comment


          • #20
            Anyone familiar with the ADA rooms at either the Venetian or the Palazzo? Beds that would accommodate a lift? Ceiling track lifts? Adjustable beds?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by landrover View Post
              Anyone familiar with the ADA rooms at either the Venetian or the Palazzo? Beds that would accommodate a lift? Ceiling track lifts? Adjustable beds?
              This company has installed a ceiling lift in six hotels in Vegas. http://liftandtransferspecialists.com/faq/ Don't know about the two hotels you mentioned.

              Comment


              • #22
                Hello Charles,

                Thanks for the email about my Surehands lifts in hotels. You are right - there needs to be a lot more of them. But the way this is going to happen is for you and the rest of the community to really get in the face of the hotels that don’t have them and show them what has already been done in Vegas.

                For example - Just a couple of months ago I was called to give a quote to another Vegas hotel, The Venetian. After going through the process of quoting, the final answer the hotel gave me for declining to buy the Ceiling Track was “there just is not enough demand to justify putting it in”.

                So as much as I try to do more hotels, since the hotels are not getting the point of why they should be installing them - “not enough demand” - I don’t think things will change much.

                So spread the word, send emails and letters and call the hotel management (at least for the Venetian for now) and the movement to do more will happen. The hotels in Vegas are owned by big hotel owners (like MGM) who do have other hotels in other states.

                If there is anything I can do to help, let me know! And safe travels out there... BTW - have you seen all the other YouTube videos I made for the other hotels in Vegas? There are 6 of them and they are all also listed on the FAQ page of my website.

                Comment


                • #23
                  So based upon the email above, the Venetian does not have a ceiling track lift. And as the Palazzo is a sister property, it likely does not either.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by landrover View Post
                    So based upon the email above, the Venetian does not have a ceiling track lift. And as the Palazzo is a sister property, it likely does not either.
                    The email is from October 2017. I would say no to both. What about the Bellagio or one of the other ones?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I will likely look more at the Bellagio. I was just curious about those two properties because I am a rewards member and would get some added perks.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        the Wynn-owned hotels were the first to put in ceiling track lifts.

                        (KLD)
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by landrover View Post
                          I will likely look more at the Bellagio. I was just curious about those two properties because I am a rewards member and would get some added perks.

                          Bellagio has one its a MGM property plus they like Aria are very wc friendly!



                          The Mirage its also an MGM property





                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X