Pumping gas... Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumping gas... Why?

Why does pimping has have to be so difficult?

Move to Oregon or New Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by HuskerDude View Post
      I'm guessing you might be talking about the automatic shutoff before your tank is full. I'm guessing early shutoff because I only learned what causes it, or how to combat it at my favorite station a few months ago. Dirty connection. Wipe the filler spout off first with a paper towel. I haven't wiped the filler hose rubber, but that is next when this fails.

Edit: clarified wording "I haven't wiped the filler hose rubber, but that is next when this fails."
      Last edited by nonoise; 11-30-2017, 02:59 AM.
      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
        I'm guessing you might be talking about the automatic shutoff before your tank is full. I'm guessing early shutoff because I only learned what causes it, or how to combat it at my favorite station a few months ago. Dirty connection. Wipe the filler spout off first with a paper towel. I haven't wiped the filler spout, but that is next when this fails.
        Another reason is a poor seal. Push the pump in fully so the accordion collar is fully contracted. If it is in it's normal expanded position it won't make a seal.

Comment

Cause ho's be crazy and try to keep that money!

Comment

Scott, that is so funny. I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
              LMCAO

That there is funny. I don't care who you are.
              Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Comment

I had to laugh at that. What im saying.. there should be a way for is wheelers to pump gas that doesn't require us to get out of the car

Comment

I had to laugh at that. What im saying.. there should be a way for is wheelers to pump gas that doesn't require us to get out of the car
                    Well depending on the station or store they would probably help you do that. If two people or more are working they should pump it for you. You may have to call inside and you may have to wait but its doable and The ADA mandates that pumps are accessible and while it does mandate someone pump the gas for you... well here is what is says

People with disabilities may find it difficult or impossible to use the controls, hose, or nozzle of a self-serve gas pump. As a result, at stations that offer both self and full service, people with disabilities might have no choice but to purchase the more expensive gas from a full-serve pump. At locations with only self-serve pumps, they might be unable to purchase gas at all.
                    The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires self-serve gas stations to provide equal access to their customers with disabilities. If necessary to provide access, gas stations must -
                    • Provide refueling assistance upon the request of an individual with a disability. A service station or convenience store is not required to provide such service at any time that it is operating on a remote control basis with a single employee, but is encouraged to do so, if feasible.
                    • Let patrons know (e.g., through appropriate signs) that customers with disabilities can obtain refueling assistance by either honking or otherwise signaling an employee.
                    • Provide the refueling assistance without any charge beyond the self-serve price.

If you have additional questions concerning the ADA, you may call the Department of Justice's ADA Information Line at (800) 514-0301 (voice) or (800) 514-0383 (TDD)

Comment

Here in Minnesota we just need to honk and they will send someone out. You can also ask any person going in to the station to let them known you are in a wheelchair and will send someone out. Stores all offer carry out services also.

Comment

I found a local gas station that repairs cars in addition to selling gas. I try and go there for my car maintenance and gas (most of the time), they get to know me, and if I pull up to the pump in front, they send someone out. I have seen them do this for little old ladies also. You need to find a station that is more 'family owned' vs one that is turning over clerks all the time.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

I just feel at this day in age, everything is becoming automated. We shohld be able to pull in and have it just hook up to our cars. For me, the hard part is getting my chair between my van and the pump. Theres also the issue if the ramp

Comment

Funny story about a gimp and pump gas. So many times I am sitting in the front passenger seat. My chair is loaded in the back of our suv and my wife is pumping the gas. I get so many stares like people you lazy mother effer why is you wife pumping the gas. Haha they don't see my wheelchair does this happen to anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by nmireles View Post
                              Funny story about a gimp and pump gas. So many times I am sitting in the front passenger seat. My chair is loaded in the back of our suv and my wife is pumping the gas. I get so many stares like people you lazy mother effer why is you wife pumping the gas. Haha they don't see my wheelchair does this happen to anybody else.
                              Why do you care that they stare? I am AB and female, and when I ride with a friend shotgun, I often pump gas for them, male or female. Screw them.

(KLD)
                              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X