Alaska Cruises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Some cabins that are set up to sleep 3 or 4 (rare for wheelchair accessible cabins) have either a sofa bed or a bunk bed. We needed these rooms when I traveled with my parents (my mother was the wheelchair user). We also were able to get a roll-away on some HAL ships, where an accessible cabin was big enough to accommodate this. There are far fewer accessible cabins that offer space for more than 2 people, in twin beds (or the beds pushed together) than there are cabins that will accommodate 3 or 4. They can configure the twin beds in a variety of ways.

(KLD)
    I guess I would have to call the cruise lines to fine this information out or would www.cruisecompete.com find this out for you.

Comment

For most cruise lines, you can see a floor plan of each ship on their website, and it makes it pretty easy to identify which cabins are accessible, as well as which cabins can take more than 2 passengers. Check out the ships making the route you are interested in taking. I usually also open those sites and look at them on the computer when talking to the travel agent about specific cabins. You don't want to do a "guarantee" as that just gives you a cabin, but not a specific one, in the hopes that you will get a free upgrade. That is not a good idea as rarely is the upgrade an accessible cabin. Book a specific cabin.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I was in Ketchikan last year on Norwegian and it docked into a small dock. There had recently been an accident where a cruise rammed the dock, it was on the news. NCL docked last year.
        T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Comment

Working...
        X