Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
    Coaster schedule for the curious: http://m.gonctd.com/coaster-map/
    BTW, a couple of those are probably called wetlands.
    I think your right its right as you roll out of San Diego Amtrak going north.

The friends that we went with told us they use to kayak inland all the way to the ocean back in the day.

Very pretty and scenic from the train.

Comment

DeadEye have a great trip and you have my number if you need direction or help!

Cant wait to hear about your adventures!!

Comment

Those lagoons are well north of La Jolla, so unless you are taking the Coaster to Oceanside, you will not see them. You get a small glimpse of Mission Bay (a dregged out swampland) from the train just north of Old Town along the Amtrak and Coaster tracks, but as above, the train does not go along the beach between downtown and La Jolla.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
          .... the train does not go along the beach between downtown and La Jolla.(KLD)
          It's easy to see KLD is correct on this using google maps.
          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            Those lagoons are well north of La Jolla, so unless you are taking the Coaster to Oceanside, you will not see them. You get a small glimpse of Mission Bay (a dregged out swampland) from the train just north of Old Town along the Amtrak and Coaster tracks, but as above, the train does not go along the beach between downtown and La Jolla.

(KLD)
            Your kind of beating a dead horse not being disabled you have no idea how cool taking Amtrak is for our community. It doesn't mater you seem to have this way of trying to prove something which is so interesting...

Are you here for us and to help others travel?

Simply put its a great value for $5.00 very accessible and great way to get around if your not renting a van vs all the tourist spots you pointed out.

Comment

I was a travel companion for my mother who was tetraplegic due to MS for over 20 years. I worked in rehabilitation and SCI care for 40 years before recently retiring. I have been a moderator on this forum since 1997. I LIVE in San Diego (native), and do not like to see my city mis-represented nor incorrect information posted about it on our forums. The OP is FLYING to San Diego...not LA or Orange county and taking Amtrak. He is not asking how to get to Legoland or some other north county destination that he could get to on the Coaster. The information you gave about the San Diego Trolley (light rail) is incorrect. Get over it.

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the San Diego info. We had a blast, did and saw a lot, but the weather could have been nicer/warmer. We did a lot of rolling but used the city bus, and Green Line mostly to get around. My service dog, Ammo, did a great job the entire trip, although he was not very happy with the sea lions.
                "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Glad you had a good time; sorry you were here in one of the wettest winters we have had in many years!

(KLD)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye View Post
                    Thanks to everyone for the San Diego info. We had a blast, did and saw a lot, but the weather could have been nicer/warmer. We did a lot of rolling but used the city bus, and Green Line mostly to get around. My service dog, Ammo, did a great job the entire trip, although he was not very happy with the sea lions.
                    So happy it worked out for you!!

Comment

Working...
                    X