Adult coloring books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adult coloring books

Has anyone seen the adult coloring books? They aren't R rated like they might sound but are very intricate patterns to fill in with finer pointed colored pencils as a stress reliever type of thing originally and now they seem to be spreading quickly. I have neighbors in their 70's and 80's passing around the books and pencils. Of course I had to have my coloring book too and here I sit controlling the pencil with both hands very carefully blocking in tiny little spots in very intricate mandala type patterns.

Go to Pinterest and search for adult coloring books or pages. You can find some to print.

Comment

My wife found a bunch at Costco or the Dollar store. We're giving them away with colored pencils and pencil sharpener for Xmas. Really a good deal. They're much like the old intricate posters from the late '70;s or '80's except in book form and more than one project. Looking forward to the hours and hours of umm colored doodling.

Comment

Amazon has lots, JoAnn Fabrics also has nice ones. I printed some free ones off the internet, to see if it would keep my interest.
        1FineSpineRN

Comment

Canvasondemand.com has printed wrapped canvas prints to color.
          Sharpie colored markers...fine and regular tip work great for quads that can't press hard enough with a pencil.

Comment

I totally color. With paint on canvas. Same thing just different. It accesses a part of your brain that brings the good feelers out. Happy brain, better thoughts.

Comment

They are quite easy to find.
              I saw some good ones from Game of Thrones, if you are into that sort of thing.
              Some classical images to colour: http://colorkid.net/coloring-pages-architecture/coloring-pages-ancient-world
              And there are some geometrical and fractal colouring pages http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/colouring-book-rafael-araujo-golden-ratio
              Enjoy !
              I think this is a very soothing activity.

Comment

Working...
              X