Any quad car enthusiast out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any quad car enthusiast out there?

I am newly injured , 4.5 months post injury c7 complete. My life revolved around cars and can not wait to get back in one. Unfortunately all my cars are standard but I'm going to have them converted. I'd like to hear from other quads that still enjoy the hobby!

I don't know if a quad can use it, but there is at least one set up for a stick. I wouldn't rush to change all your cars. Give it a year or two, you might get something back.

Comment

Yes sir, indeed...car nut right here..
      C5-6 - 22 years

Comment

I'm not converting all them at once I'll do them one at time as I can afford to do. I would start with my everyday reasonable car, I'm look into the hand controls for a stick but I don't know if that will work without full hand function. Quartermile, so I'm going say drag racing ? When you get a chance if you could message me I have a few questions and maybe we can chat cars for a bit.

Comment

Check this out: http://www.caldiegopvamotorsports.co...s/Welcome.html

Our local PVA sponsors several cars and they compete in regular stock car competitions. Several of the drivers have tetraplegic injuries.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

If you have a contact with them, I suggest they put more info on the cars on their website.

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            Check this out: http://www.caldiegopvamotorsports.co...s/Welcome.html

Our local PVA sponsors several cars and they compete in regular stock car competitions. Several of the drivers have tetraplegic injuries.

(KLD)
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

car guy here also-I have a 1971 Porsche 911 T -5 speed--I have a set of homemade hand controls. Only thing I can't shift in turns. Have to say its a awesome feeling shifting. Never stop trying

Comment

Fun to drive

Click image for larger version

Name:	car show 011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	2658948Click image for larger version

Name:	car show 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	2658949

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-MN View Post
                  If you have a contact with them, I suggest they put more info on the cars on their website.
                  You can contact them for more information through their website, and there is a lot of information about their car racing program on their Facebook page as well.

(KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Yes! !934 Dodge pickup with 360/727. Got in it for the first time Friday- a tight fit. Drivers must have been a lot smaller in those days (I'm 6' and 210 lbs.
                    4xquad

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Horton View Post
                      car guy here also-I have a 1971 Porsche 911 T -5 speed--I have a set of homemade hand controls. Only thing I can't shift in turns. Have to say its a awesome feeling shifting. Never stop trying
                      How about describing your controls for us?
                      Fabbing controls is an obsession of mine!

EDIT-sorry-I'm not a quad.
                      Member MrSporto has a later 911 Sportomatic (automatic clutch) and can drive the wheels off it. He may be selling it after long ownership. He's a genuine quad and good guy.
                      Attached Files
                      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                      NW NJ

Comment

Picture of my 1968 Pontiac. Big Block 502 Chevy, dual 650 Quads, Th 400 Trans modified, MSD. Have you thought about maybe just getting rid of your cars and replace them with Automatic cars? Might be a lot less expensive and more practical this way unless you are like super attached to them. What do you have? Pictures?
                        Attached Files
                        "Life is about how you
                        respond to not only the
                        challenges you're dealt but
                        the challenges you seek...If
                        you have no goals, no
                        mountains to climb, your
                        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Well not I'm I only super attached but they are cars that I may not be able to obtain again. I have a 1956 studebaker Pelham 2 door station wagon that my father gave me, than a 98 saleen bright Atlantic blue roller, 99 saleen s351r , 01 saleen/cobra ( forsale) , 04 saleen/cobra ( wrecked but being rebuilt). I am working on pictures I am unsure how to post them . Timmy I would love to see your hand controls. That Pontiac must move with a 502 in it !

Comment

Definitely make friends with pfcs49 because he is a very smart mechanic and he knows a whole lot about racing with hand controls.
                            Check out this thread on the AutoClutch. /forum/showthread.php?233311-AutoClutch

Curt, I love the Purple Pont-a-saurus with the white top!

Comment

The cool thing is that it's not always purple, color changing paint. Btw, I'm not a quad, a high level para, Just had to show off my car, lol. It's fun to take this car to shows, people love it. I just put a new motor and trans in the car last winter and need to fine tune some things, it still does not run as well as I'd like at high RPM's I think it's something to do with the carbs, put different metering blocks on with the new motor (mainly because they are purple and match the car) but I'm thinking maybe all the flow ports are not lining up right or something. The other issue is it runs hot when idling, think I'm going to need a different fan setup, more than likely just go to a big mechanical fan with a large shroud. The small duel electrics just don't seem to cut it with this 502 big block chevy motor.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 28 Aug 2015, 11:03 PM.
                              "Life is about how you
                              respond to not only the
                              challenges you're dealt but
                              the challenges you seek...If
                              you have no goals, no
                              mountains to climb, your
                              soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Working...
                              X