No announcement yet.

Any quad car enthusiast out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wanted a fast car but drove trucks because of racing motocross. Heres my 04 GTO I drive with menox hand controls. I bought this wrecked when I sold my mx stuff after my injury then me and my dad rebuilt it. I've been doing more and more to it ever since. 12.6 in the 1/4 mile my last time at the track.
    [IMG]hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/73163_548993758465601_1307356146_n.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Wills77; 2 Jan 2016, 2:25 PM.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Comment

c6 inc since 2-19-11
      ex pro-am motocross racer
      tilite aero z s2

Comment

Here's me autocrossing my 91 Miata. I'm definitely a car guy to the core, also a C6-7 complete.

https://www.facebook.com/mark.thomso...type=2&theater
        I still play hard http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/thomson.html

Comment

Neat way to tie down your right leg!
          When I started playing with my Golf 5spd setup, I did track days. I remember I had a velcroed strap mounted to the door panel to restrain my left leg but forget if I did anything with my right.
          Later, when I got a racing seat and started racing it, the problem went away except for the feet going under the brake pedal, so I made a little box with a pip-pin quick release that attached to the floor under the pedal; the pedal would go into it but not my feet.

The Miata auto crossing looks great! Makes me sad.

My last event was Road Atlanta ~2004:
          Folded right around the roll-cage. Damn Jersey Barriers!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by pfcs49; 10 Jan 2016, 8:45 PM.
          69yo male T12 complete since 1995
          NW NJ

Comment

Damn!!! That looks like it was a hard hit. I used the velcro straps to keep my feet from ending up n the gas or under the brake pedals too. I discovered I needed them early on. Nothing like coming into a braking zone and having no brakes!! I had a strap on my left leg too, and just shut it in the door to keep my left leg contained.
            I still play hard http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/thomson.html

Comment

Yes, it was quite an impact. When I got back to Jersey I had blood in my urine and was beyond sore, so my neurosurgeon who did my spine work back in 95 got me in the hospital overnight and did a workup.
              Bladder was OK but I cracked 3 ribs and broke one rod.
              There was a full cage with 2 door bars, one real near the bottom; the tub wasn't rusty, but look at the accordion/compression damage in the top pic.
              69yo male T12 complete since 1995
              NW NJ

Comment

Hey haven't been on in awhile figured I'd check in , glad to see post still alive. Pfcs49, ever think about getting back into road course? After watching mThomson video , makes me want to get into it. I have a 99 mustang cobra chassis sitting in my driveway with full cage, built IRS, coil overs and tubular suspension. On another note I been working on transfers into cars and getting my manual chair, I'm dying to get behind a wheel again. My buddies have my saleen s351 , it's getting some upgrades along with a AODE and hand controls. It should be 625 + Rwhp. First car I'll be driving with hand controls lol.

Comment

This is a picture of her before I bought her.

IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                  X