My shooting rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shooting rig

I've had a lot of questions recently on how I hunt and shoot independently. Here's a video showing me getting out of the van, putting on my gun rest, and mounting the gun in the gun rest, all in under 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvbZfW-POjk
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Sweet set-up!

Comment

very nice! do you leave the socket the post slides into on the chair full time? or is it removable?

Comment

That's great! Very nice set up.
        DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by micah_d View Post
          very nice! do you leave the socket the post slides into on the chair full time? or is it removable?
          I leave it on full-time unless I'm traveling where I won't be hunting. It is completely out of the way for transfers.
          "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Impressive independence and great setup...

Comment

great stuff Robin
              Bike-on.com rep
              John@bike-on.com
              c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
              sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

How many degrees can the barrel traverse before you have to reposition your chair Robin?

Comment

I can shoot a full 90 degrees right-handed, and almost 180 degrees without turning the chair switching hands. Obviously once I swing past mid-point straight ahead, I have to switch and shoot left-handed, which I've done many times. I doubled up shooting left-handed on two gobblers in SC with a shotgun 4 years ago, and several deer over the years including one buck at 312 yards.

For some reason, mostly because of the weight, it's harder to position my 11-12 lb crossbow a full 180.

Comment

That's a great field of fire, when you switch shoulders do you still use your right hand to operate the trigger?

Comment

No, right-handed, I use my left hand to pull the trigger, right-hand to pull the trigger when shooting left-handed. I will make a video of me shooting sometime soon to show how the whole deal works.

Comment

It appears as though you have limited use of your fingers. How do you load the gun, especially with the smaller .22LR and .17HMR rounds? It's good to see you don't let it stop you from enjoying time behind the trigger.

Comment

Lazi, I shoot a Ruger 10/22 semi-auto 22 with the 10-round rotary magazine, and my Savage 17 has a 10 round mag. I can load both with single bullets but usually have someone load the magazines for me before I go out. Rarely do I ever shoot more than 10 times unless I'm with other buds plinking.

All of my shot guns and larger caliber rifles, I can load independently.

Comment

Working...
                          X