Does Anyone Here Scuba Dive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Anyone Here Scuba Dive?

I'm an instructor through Handicapped Scuba Association. I'm always interested on passing this art around.

Joe

There are several threads about scuba diving posted by members. Try a search of this site to find these threads.

I used to scuba dive before my accident, loved it. However, at my c6/7 complete level, I really don't enjoy getting into a warm spa, let alone the ocean or a lake. Just me.

All the best,
    GJ

Comment

When you going out? I want to start again
      "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Comment

Hey Trekker...want to do a pool session to get back into it?

Joe

Comment

sure, I'd like to start diving again
          "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Comment

The rest of my week is full till Sat...We can do pool Sat afternoon or Sun AM

Comment

Saturday afternoon sounds good, where and what time, can my wife come? She's certified also and would probably be interested in how she could help.

Comment

Take a look at www.divingwithoutfins.com . It's my journey wheelchair diving.

Comment

I have never tried scuba diving but it is definitely on my to do list! Next year I'm planning to travel to Malaysia and will look into it. Although ever since I went jet skiing in Thailand a few years ago and had an accident and fractured my spine I've been a bit frightened of the ocean.
                  Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

Comment

I'm a diver... Not as frequent as I'd like, but do get 1-3 dives per month during summer...
                    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

Comment

Polett,
                      Do you dive with any groups in Florida? My wife and I will be there this winter and I would like to give it a try.

Comment

Hey 1 to 3 dives a month is pretty decent...where in FL are you located? I'm in Cocoa Beach.

Joe

Comment

Joe, I dive with an organization called Veterans Ocean Adventures (veteransoceanadventures.org) great group of people. They have a Discover SCUBA session every month, so feel free to contact them when you plan your visit, you'll love it!

To the other Joe, not even 30 dives a month are enough and I'm south of you, we dive mostly out of Pompano... I'm south of Ft Lauderdale but north of Miami's madness.
                          Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

Comment

I scuba dived back before being a quad 37 years ago. In Florida it was one of the things to do. Back before Disney and everything was paved over. Got our tanks filled at the Zephyrhills fire depo. So peaceful. d

Comment

Originally posted by migsaquino
                              I haven't tried diving yet, is there a limit to the depth I can reach?
                              So your profile says you have a SCI. If so, what level and AIS category?

(KLD)
                              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X