No announcement yet.

1000 miles on my snowmobile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealous! We just don't get enough snow around here to validate the cost of getting one ...
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Are the Simmons concave. I had a set of skis 30 years ago that had dual carbide runners on the out side edges of the skis, concave and flexible. They floated in powder like a blimp and go down a packed trail like a slot car.

Comment

No they arent concave but they do have dual runners and are pretty nice on both hard and soft snow. They are also wide giving more stability.

Comment

I ride a Yamaha Apex MTX and have been wanting to change the skis since mine dart a lot on the trail. I also like the idea of the backrest, I wonder if I can retro fit it to a Yamaha?
          Push me to the limit,
          maybe I may bend,
          but I will not be broken.
          -Bonnie Raitt

Comment

I had a universal back rest on my Polaris. You could slide it forward and back pretty easy. Check your carbides and the ski alignment. If the carbides are worn out the sled will wander. If its toed in it will be nervous or darty.

Comment

I never thought about the toe in. Do you check it like a regular wheel? ie. measure distance between the skis front & back?
              Push me to the limit,
              maybe I may bend,
              -Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Yeah front and back like a car. Look carefully at the skis though, you can twist them from hitting stuff. There should be a spec on the toe. Ask the dealer or try google. There is probably a video on how to do it. Also check the suspension settings. Most people run their machines way too stiff.

Comment

Cool! I'll give it a try. My dealer sucks here, so I'll have to do it myself.
                  Push me to the limit,
                  maybe I may bend,
                  -Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado Boy View Post
                    I ride a Yamaha Apex MTX and have been wanting to change the skis since mine dart a lot on the trail. I also like the idea of the backrest, I wonder if I can retro fit it to a Yamaha?
                    I think you can. I had the universal backrest too but found the bombardier backrest held me much better. I think it would probably fit on the yamaha real easy. you can find them on ebay. It makes a huge difference. However if your riding without a backrest now, anyting would likely help. Lots of info here on darting http://www.bergstromskegs.com/oui/darting_solutions.htm

Nice ride there!

Comment

I want a sled so bad again, its even worse we just got a fresh 8" of snow in the past couple days. But, I can't justify owning one. As soon as we get any decent snow its gone in a week or so. I'm for sure gonna have to go out west and rent one someday. Its on my bucket list.
                      T8/9 (2-24-06)
                      IOWA

Comment

Working...
                      X