Padded seats for hotel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Padded seats for hotel?

My bp take up to two hours on toilet. At home seat is padded. In a hotel it would not be.

1. Is it safe to be on a non-padded seat for very long? My sense is that even with weight shifts it would be dangerous.

2. Is there a portable cushion or other device for safely using hotel toilet seats?

roho makes cushions for toilet seats
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Have you tried something to shorten up your bowel program??? Magic Bullet?? Enemeez???

The Roho toilet seat pad is OK, but the straps are easily torn:

The Carex one is OK for some:

Sammons makes this one:

I assume you don't need a raised toilet seat...

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I'm in Australia, but the company here that supply commodes also make a raised toilet seat that is pretty much the same as the padded cushion on a commode, but has metal support that fit on to the toilet seat. Not sure if this helps you as it's still pretty bulky for transport. I definately wouldn't be using a hard seat for that long.

Clayton
        "Wheelie Wanna Walk!"

Comment

I have the roho and the carex. I actually prefer the carex one. I would not recommend either of them for two hours though.
          DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

Working...
          X