Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you drive?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What do you drive?

    I use a GMC Safari with a mini van-gater and 6 way power seat for my primary transportation. I also have a 91 Miata that I enjoy immensely, however it is not getting any easier to get in/out of due to its very low seat height.

    http://picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/17125495

    I started this thread to see if any other c6/7 quads had suggestions for 'fun' cars that are quad transfer friendly.

    mark
    I still play hard http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/thomson.html

    #2
    1986 volkswagen doka

    It's a 48 hp diesel bundeswehr truck, that has a 1 ton rating.
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 29 Dec 2012, 4:25 PM. Reason: Right-size photo
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

    Comment


      #3
      How on earth do you get in and out of that?
      I still play hard http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/thomson.html

      Comment


        #4
        I'm a c-4 incomplete, it's a stick shift with manual steering, no radio, hard to get into, but fun to drive.
        "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

        Comment


          #5
          Ah, gotcha. I'm a complete, so unfortunately something as cool as that isn't in the cards for me.
          I still play hard http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/thomson.html

          Comment


            #6
            Cool!

            Originally posted by trekker6 View Post
            It's a 48 hp diesel bundeswehr truck, that has a 1 ton rating.
            Hey!

            Cool!

            You are in an inclusive club!

            My first van was a 1991 VW Vanagon with 92hp and I got 175,000 miles on it. I went through a lot of water pumps too! These are great to drive in the snow with the engine in the rear, the driver and gas tank up front. Great weight distribution on all four wheels.


            Ti
            "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
              Hey!

              Cool!

              You are in an inclusive club!

              My first van was a 1991 VW Vanagon with 92hp and I got 175,000 miles on it. I went through a lot of water pumps too! These are great to drive in the snow with the engine in the rear, the driver and gas tank up front. Great weight distribution on all four wheels.


              Ti
              Yeah, I love the vanagons, I wish they still made them, but with a modern tdi, I'm swapping the rabbit diesel for a modern tdi, it'll have a ton more power and get 35 mpg.
              "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

              Comment


                #8
                I am a para, but I drive a Mini Cooper which is very easy to get in and out of. The driver seat raises and lowers, there is a ton of room to get your chair in and out of and they are a crap-ton of fun to drive. Hand controls are easy to install as well.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'm not a quad but this is my baby.
                  2011 335i Turbocharged 300hp
                  SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
                  T4,5,6 Incomplete
                  Chair: TiLite TR3

                  Comment


                    #10
                    T8burst,
                    More info on the Mini's seat please. Factory or adaptive equipment?
                    Nice avatar dude

                    stumpybushman,
                    Nice beemer!!! I gad an E30 convertible a couple of years ago, but the E30s didn't have tilt wheel and that goofy German steering wheel angle was hell on my right shoulder. I've been lusting after E46 330ci's lately though.
                    I still play hard http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/thomson.html

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by mthomson View Post
                      stumpybushman,
                      Nice beemer!!! I gad an E30 convertible a couple of years ago, but the E30s didn't have tilt wheel and that goofy German steering wheel angle was hell on my right shoulder. I've been lusting after E46 330ci's lately though.
                      I had a 03 325i that I traded for the 335i and I wasn't able to tilt the steering wheel down because of the handcontrols. My 335i has different handcontrols in it and I'm able to let the wheel down and extend it towards me. The new car is a lot more comfortable to drive.
                      I love the 335i's power!!!
                      SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
                      T4,5,6 Incomplete
                      Chair: TiLite TR3

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm on my third Van.(C5/C6)

                        1st was a 1979 Chevy - transferred to chair
                        2nt was a 1991 Ford - drive from power chair
                        3rd is a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - drive from power chair

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by mthomson View Post
                          I use a GMC Safari with a mini van-gater and 6 way power seat for my primary transportation. I also have a 91 Miata that I enjoy immensely, however it is not getting any easier to get in/out of due to its very low seat height.

                          http://picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/17125495

                          I started this thread to see if any other c6/7 quads had suggestions for 'fun' cars that are quad transfer friendly.

                          mark
                          Cool Miata, you must autocross a bit?

                          I'm curious about the stick shift with hand controls...how'd you rig that up?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            2012 Vauxhall astra 1.6 SRI, its supposed to have 115bhp standard but you loose a lot of that through the auto box. It handled really well in the corners but no straight line guts. I visited a local tuning company who chipped the engine which transformed it, should be around 130-135bhp at the flywheel now. Loads more mid-range poke, a bit more on the top and much more responsive. They also did the gearbox software so gear changes are faster and, what I didn't realize is there are torque limits set for the first 3 gears, so you don't actually get full throttle at lower speeds.. they were turned off! So its now a fun car to drive, but still not fast. Looking for something fast in a couple of years.

                            Also have a 2002 Yamaha R1 for trackdays and 2000 Triumph TT600 which I'm adapting for the road
                            T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

                            No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by cripwalk View Post
                              Cool Miata, you must autocross a bit?

                              I'm curious about the stick shift with hand controls...how'd you rig that up?
                              Actually it is an automatic. I found a guy who made that shift knob to replace the factory automatic shift handle. Then used a manual transmission shift boot and removed the automatic console. The end result turns out looking very much like a 5 speed. I do autocross quite a bit during the summer and love it.
                              I still play hard http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/thomson.html

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X