What do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AeroZ,

How do you do the clutch, are you able to use your legs? Your profile does not say your injury.

Thanks
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous of your nsx, i miss driving manual so much!
      T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Comment

LOL...Well not exactly, mostly I drive a hard bargain but do enjoy a good hot dog.
        Just another tricky day. C5/6 incomplete, 43 years out.

You'll get through.

Comment

Originally posted by outkastsl View Post
          This is my primary vehicle. 2004 Acura MDX, I can fit ALOT.

What I can carry...handcycle, basketball chair, and my everyday chair in the front and some equipment in the rear passenger seat.
          Nice getting everything in there! Do you stand to transfer? How high is the driver's seat? How hard is it to fold/remove the rear seats?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-MN View Post
            AeroZ,

How do you do the clutch, are you able to use your legs? Your profile does not say your injury.

Thanks
            I have SCI T6/T7 so no leg movement. I imported a few semi auto clutch system from europe through family member I have in England and kept one for myself and sold the others. I couldn't just order one because the company wanted to charge me double for ordering only one. The system is exactly the same as Drivematic III sold by accessunlimited but of course I did not pay the high price tag he is charging and saved myself over 4k. I love the system and when I go to car shows, everyone is shocked a disabled person driving manual. lol

Originally posted by SuprSi View Post
            Yeah, I'm pretty jealous of your nsx, i miss driving manual so much!
            I used to drive manual as well before injury and I had to come back driving manual again because all the cars that wanted are better in manual so I pulled the trigger on the NSX and then started adapting it.

Comment

@aero z... do you still have an information about the company in Europe with the clutch kits?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanrmx View Post
                @aero z... do you still have an information about the company in Europe with the clutch kits?
                I will pm you the info

Comment

2009 Ford F150

I got a truck as i need a vehicle that i can hunt in and so far it has worked very well for me. I have an elevator seat on both sides of the truck for the front seats in case my wife wants to drive I can get up the other side easy. All toggles for controlling everything is to the left of the steering wheel.

Mooner

Comment

Just moved up from a 1990 toyota corolla, to a 1998 gmc 1500 pick-up.
                    Chicks dig it

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Haze View Post
                      Can't go wrong with an M3
                      [ATTACH]47884[/ATTACH]

My daily driver is a Ford E350 Van with 6 way power seat and lift. I was looking for a fun weekend car and found that most of the sports car seats were to low and to difficut to transfer from car to chair. The BMW factory seat will raise up two inches making it possible to transfer without assistance. I found that the BMW was the best car for me. The M3 is fun to drive and a monster, with 333 horsepower.
                      Was driving a 645ci for awhile. Always wanted an m3 but just found they were too tight to transfer into, then maneuver chair into back seat. You have any problems with that?
                      Now have a Mercedes 550cl...big body 2 door. Enough room for transfers and then some...not to mention it has some serious hp!!

Comment

Got a Jetta TDI a month ago, got tired of bad gas mileage, this is now my daily driver and the caddy CTS-V is for fun. Can fit my handcycle and tennis chair in the back fine too, lots of space and height.
                        Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 11 May 2013, 8:17 PM.
                        "Life is about how you
                        respond to not only the
                        challenges you're dealt but
                        the challenges you seek...If
                        you have no goals, no
                        mountains to climb, your
                        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Mooner99 View Post
                          I got a truck as i need a vehicle that i can hunt in and so far it has worked very well for me. I have an elevator seat on both sides of the truck for the front seats in case my wife wants to drive I can get up the other side easy. All toggles for controlling everything is to the left of the steering wheel.

Mooner
                          cool idea about the 2 seats
                          how do you lie it it looks good
                          to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

I drive the gold standard. a 2005 dodge gran caravan w > 100k miles. To quote my (redneck)bro : "It looks like it's been in a rollover."

It's ok to be jealous. I would be too. It has one redeeming factor...PAID FOR!
                            Blog:
                            Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
                              It's ok to be jealous. I would be too. It has one redeeming factor...PAID FOR!
                              Naah, all that 'paid for' stuff is over rated. I've found you can get some killer meals down at the food pantry, and sharing Kitty's food can lead to some great quality time with him. Well, I'm off to hang out at the corner with my cup...you'd be amazed how nice a car you can get using these ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post
                                cool idea about the 2 seats
                                how do you lie it it looks good
                                I love it I have had no problems with it (knock on wood) I am so happy i got the elevator seats on both sides as a lot of times when we head to the city to Dr appointments my wife drives. She drives because most of the parking at the hospital's are in parkade's and they have lower roofs so I wouldn't be able to open the box and use my crane. This way the wife just goes to the back and unhooks if from the lift and brings it around to the passenger side for me to jump on.
                                So no complaints

Mooner

Comment

Working...
                                X