No announcement yet.

Oscar Pistorius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 subtle gimp joke posts in a row back there......only here, I swear.....

Comment

"Disability doesn't make Oscar pistorious a saint" article

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/191535411.html

Thought this was an interesting read
      Www.rachellefriedman.com

Follow me on Facebook at
      www.facebook.com/rachelleandchris

Follow me on twitter at
      www.twitter.com/followrachelle

Www.wheelstrong.com

sigpic

Comment

Love this quote from the article - sums up my feelings perfectly:

"He gave us 'the feeling of watching humanity advance.'"
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

One of the pitfalls we were warned against while writing performance reviews was the "halo" effect. Very simply, don't assume that if Person is really good at A, B, and C then he must also be good at D, even if D is unobserved.

Some of the most gifted artists have been tormented mentally or socially dysfunctional. Yet somehow we expect our athletic heroes to be perfect in every way.
          Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

This story is really humerus.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Français View Post
              This story is really humerus.
              I'm surprised he used a gun when he had two blades on him.
              Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

Originally posted by IsMaisin View Post
                One of the pitfalls we were warned against while writing performance reviews was the "halo" effect. Very simply, don't assume that if Person is really good at A, B, and C then he must also be good at D, even if D is unobserved.

Some of the most gifted artists have been tormented mentally or socially dysfunctional. Yet somehow we expect our athletic heroes to be perfect in every way.
                Some decades ago after being involved in wheelchair sports for a long time and doing a good bit of hero worship of top tier athletes then often becoming disillusioned after observing some of their behaviors. I coined this phrase that my wife and I repeat to each other after each scandal involving top athletes screwing up.

"There is no correlation between athletic ability and character."

Comment

Originally posted by ancientgimp View Post
                  Some decades ago after being involved in wheelchair sports for a long time and doing a good bit of hero worship of top tier athletes then often becoming disillusioned after observing some of their behaviors. I coined this phrase that my wife and I repeat to each other after each scandal involving top athletes screwing up.

"There is no correlation between athletic ability and character."
                  Yep. These days whether it is a politician, athlete, journalist, etc., those with character are "outliers." Even Martha Stewart did time.
                  You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                  http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                  http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
                    Yep. These days whether it is a politician, athlete, journalist, etc., those with character are "outliers." Even Martha Stewart did time.
                    or a Pope

Comment

I think it was Charles Barkley that said : "I'm not paid to be a role model. I'm paid to wreak havoc on the basketball court."

Comment

Oscar Pistorius...Murderer? or just a very naughty boy?

Anyone heard about this thing with Oscar Pistorius, the double amputee multi gold medal winning sprinter shooting his model girlfriend dead?

Well, today its emerged he not only shot his model girlfriend 4 times in the HEAD but he also took to her with a cricket bat...to the HEAD!.

Now, Oscar maintains he thought he was shooting dead a home invader and when you initially heard the first reports you kinda find it plausible. apparently South Africa is notorious for home invasion.

So are we to believe he heard a noise from his bathroom, grabbed his Glock and popped 4, no 5 rounds (one round went through her hand) into the "home invader" and then went and grabbed his cricket bat and came back to make double sure the "home invader" was dead by hammering the shit out the lifeless corpse?.

p.s. Also, tactfully, South African television will be still going ahead with airing Pistorious's now dead girlfriend's new reality show. I expect it will last only the one season??.
                        "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Comment

South Africa is indeed notorious for home invasions.

Even so, a beautiful blond tries coming in my door and I am going to give her the benifit of the doubt

Comment

Originally posted by IsMaisin View Post
                            Well, at least he wasn't doping.
                            Oh yeah???

Oscar Pistorius murder charge: 'steroids found at athlete’s home’
                            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...etes-home.html

From hero to zero....now we just need allegations of child abuse for a perfect score

Comment

From a South African newspaper comic Madam & Eve

Comment

His statement is interesting. Some of it seems plausible. I have trouble with his statement that it was pitch dark and his not knowing the woman had left the bed. He went out on the patio to get a fan, was able to find his gun, and find his lay to the bathroom. And supposedly the woman went to the bathroom in the same darkness without a problem. Had I been in that situation, upon hearing the noise the first thing I would have done is to wake and alert her. Further, just the light from a digital clock in my bedroom is a more than adequate night light when in it is in the dim mode. There are other issues but these factors immediately caught my attention. He is innocent until proven guilty but there is a lot of explaining he will have to do.

I do doubt the charge of premeditated murder but do not know the definition used by South African law. Here , at most, I would see it as second degree, or a "heat of passion" voluntary manslaughter charge.

Read his statement:
                                http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/19...end/?hpt=hp_t1
                                You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                                http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                                http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X