No announcement yet.

Oscar Pistorius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something doesn't sound right. u don't usually shoot somebody multiple times without warning for no reason, especially a tall blonde. i want to hear more facts, and what were the other "domestic incidents" happened prior to the shooting.
    http://www.dsportsman.com

Comment

Makes me wonder if he was on some heavy pain meds due to him *most likely* having severe nerve pain problems. I am a single leg above knee amputee and have dealt with pain for the last 46 yrs. There have been many times when my pain was so horrific that I literally could not think straight.
      I am presently on a good regime of pain meds plus a SCS (spinal cord stimulator) so I am comfortably under control.
      But the thought crossed my mind the minute I heard this story.

Comment

It is a pretty sad situation. I am surprised to read "pursuing a charge of premeditated murder". It seems awfully quick to come to that conclusion, but I guess they are trying to say he planned in advance to say she was a burglar.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Thanks for nothing Oscar.

Comment

Disgraced Paralympian Oscar Pistorius sobbed in court today as prosecutors charged him with the premeditated murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

Prosecutor Gerrie Nel told a packed courtroom in South Africa's capital Pretoria that he was pushing for the stronger charge upgraded from murder.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/he...d-8496555.html

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...est-terms.html
              • Previous history of police called to house for domestic disturbances
              • Pistorious given a warning in the past for abuse of 19 year old girl at party
              • No sign of any forced enty
              • Neighbors report hearing shouting/arguments from house shortly before gun shot at 4am

Innocent until proven guilty of course, BUT............looks like he has again proved that people with disabilities are just as capable as AB's...

Comment

I am sympathetic though. Most of us are here because of a moment of stupidity that we are paying for for the rest of our lives.

That is the case with Pistorious. He will have to pay for his momentary lapse of control for the rest of his life. Sad in every sense; for his victim, the families and for himself.

Comment

Wonder if he got the a thank you card from Lance yet?

Comment

for the record, this doesn't happen in a momentary lapse of control. it's a pattern, a steady stream of "lapses of control" that were allowed to go unchecked by him and everyone around him.

this is another lesson for women out there to leave after the first hit and NEVER go back.
                    http://www.dsportsman.com

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
                      Wonder if he got the a thank you card from Lance yet?
                      Well, at least he wasn't doping.
                      Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

Originally posted by IsMaisin View Post
                        Well, at least he wasn't doping.
                        Sounds like his dope is some sort of deep seeded anger.

Comment

He is going to have a hard time in court. With all the evidence, I don't think he has a leg to stand on.
                          Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

And his remorse and depression has taken the spring out of his step.

Comment

Yep, pretty limp defense. He'll probably come up short.

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
                                Yep, pretty limp defense. He'll probably come up short.
                                The blades might go with him to the big house. At least he didn't whack her with those.

Comment

Working...
                                X