Para accessible motorboat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para accessible motorboat

Anyone is on motorboat overhere ?.. I'm likely to go on a standing boat lifts to securely climb on it.. Any experiences ??.. Thanks
    G78

I mounted an Elkhorn pool lift on the boat and use lifting straps to lift me and my chair into the cockpit.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

I adapted a lift that is meant to be used on a motorhome, mounted it to the trailer of our bass boat to get me up and over. By removing the support arm, I can swivel it down and tuck it under the trailer, ready for road trips.

Don't have a pic of me on it, here is the welder helper testing it out:

"a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

^^^^^^That's KICK ASS!!!!^^^^^^

Comment

That's bad ass. I just transfer onto my boat at the dock

Comment

Thanks guys. A lot of places we put in, there is no dock, so had to come up with this trailer solution.

Comment

awsome boat dude
              to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

boat lift

That's a kick ass lift way kewl

Comment

Great boat and lift!
                  2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                  Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

that is seriously awesome... what did that setup cost... I've live most my life near the water... It's in my veins. Remember as a kid my father got me a special permit to ride a 3 wheeler on the beach we lived on in Mackay (Queensland). I've missed being able to go on the beach even being able to use, get in and out of a power boat has been impossible... I miss it bad but this has made my day... Obviously it is possible... Would love to know how much that setup cost you. I you don't mind saying that is...
                    Everybody wants freedom.... They just don't want it for everybody else...

A college professor, a man I now consider my dad, once told me...
                    "The minute you let someone decide what you can and cannot do, your life is no longer yours." A truer word has never been spoken in my opinion.

Professor Bill Johnston
                    (1930- )

Comment

Does anyone here have a source to find accessible powered cabin boats (cat or v-hull) near the Chesapeake Bay? I have searched around with very little luck. Once my wife and I find a home, we would really like to get into watersports.

Comment

Thanks everbody, we enjoy it.

Mutley, I found a used lift to make use of, otherwise it would be crazy expensive. I paid $1500 for the lift and the welding was ~$1200 as it took multiple tries/retries to get it all right. The CoachLift runs $5-6K new.(that seems to be a magic number for all mechanical mobility items. }

Comment

Working...
                        X