What crossbow should i buy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What crossbow should i buy???

I'm thinking about buying a crossbow. Are there any that you don't have to manually pull back? Any recommendations would be great!

I believe the only automated crossbow is the Parker Concorde. It cocks and uncocks itself by pushing a button which is powered by a CO2 cartridge. Given my injury level, if I were well off I'd buy it, but keep in mind its about $1,200.00.
    I bought a used off-brand one from someone on ebay for about $90. Its powerful enough to kill a deer at about 25-30 yards, but I don't know how long it will last. This is my first year hunting in over 20 years and haven't shot at a deer yet.

Comment

I just bought the Parker Concorde. To heavy for me. Can't use, still brand new with cylinder and six bolts.
      Last edited by Dale; 11 Nov 2011, 2:15 PM.

Comment

TenPoint uses a hand cranking device mounted in the stock, it is called Acudraw. I am a C4,5,6 quad and can operate it fairly easy. There are some pretty good deals on ebay or watch Craigslist for used, new bows can get spendy. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
          I just bought the Parker Concorde. To heavy for me. Can't use, still brand new with cylinder and six bolts.
          I'll trade you... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
            TenPoint uses a hand cranking device mounted in the stock, it is called Acudraw. I am a C4,5,6 quad and can operate it fairly easy. There are some pretty good deals on ebay or watch Craigslist for used, new bows can get spendy. Good luck!
            I have the tenpoint defender w/ acu draw crank. It works great! Just shot first doe w it at 40+ yds. Got it used off eBay.
            Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
            CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Comment

all the bows now i believe have a hand cranking device. horton, ten point, excalibur, parker, etc. i currently have an excalibur that i really like.

if you have the $, skorpyd makes a great shooting bow but it's $1000.
              http://www.dsportsman.com

Comment

By the way the Concorde is for sale. Less than retail.

Comment

By the way the Concorde is for sale. Less than retail.
                  Price?
                  "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi DeadEye $1000 and it's on the way. Includes cylinder and 6 bolts.

Comment

I have a horton for sale if you are still looking. It is on CL here.
                      http://wausau.craigslist.org/spo/2718059374.html
                      Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X