Travel insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel insurance

What should a quadriplegic do regarding travel insurance? I'm flying from Canada to Europe next week and, looking through the online insurance plans, I can't find the 'paralysis' box to check for pre-existing medical condition. I'd like to be covered, but I don't want to get screwed with non-disclosure if something bad happens.

What do you guys do?
    www.worldonwheels.ca

When we take cruises, we always sign up for the travel insurance as soon as we book, since pre-existing conditions don't apply if you do this within 48 hours of booking your trip. If you wait, you cannot get it due to a pre-existing condition such as SCI, MS, etc. I would assume that the same applies for other types of travel insurance.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Ups, double post
      TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Nothing. I have never travelled without insurance and nobody has asked me anything even if they have seen my wheelchair.

And if we pay our trip with a Visa or Mastercard creditcard, we have travel insurance for 60 days. But I have a yearly insurance too, that is working everytime I go out of the house. That has worked all my life, only in the US they didn't want take my insurance.
        TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

I use this company:

http://www.squaremouth.com/
          Rick Goldstein
          GO! Mobility Solutions
          facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

I have never bothered with it. My credit card offers the protection for free. I had to use it one time after a fender bender, but that has been about it.

Comment

Thanks
              www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Thanks guys! I found this to be most useful, however I am flying from the UK. Anyone experienced cover through www.essentialtravel.co.uk ?

Comment

Working...
                X