No announcement yet.

fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got in some fishing last weekend first time since my accident of course in Montana this time year the water is hard they parked me on the ice and we slayer the kokanee salmon (86) avg 10inchs spent next couple days smoking them turned out great...Its not all bad a heated icehouse makes a huge difference BUT you have to get from shore to the icehouse and back my son carries me on a snowmobile for a quick trip.
    Last edited by fromnwmont; 2 Feb 2012, 10:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by fromnwmont View Post
      I got in some fishing last weekend first time since my accident of course in Montana this time year the water is hard they parked me on the ice and we slayer the kokanee salmon (86) avg 10inchs spent next couple days smoking them turned out great...
      Sounds cold but fun!

I had to Google Kokanee Salmon, is this it

Comment

Timaro: that's the fish landlocked salmon but their flavor is as good if not better then their big cousin the chinook salmon, we do catch them just over 2-pounds seems to vary lake to lake they are the lightest bite I have ever seen no tap tap just one subtitle wiggle of your rod tip very intense concentration needed makes it fun or frustrating at the sametime...

Comment

got to wet a hook today for lil while caught one crappie missed 2 more might get to try again tom if its not raining

Comment

Sounds nice Dusty... I hope this winter weather continues as it has been going. What all do you have in your pond?

Comment

we have copper nose bream crappie bass and about 3 male catfish and 2 or 3 grass carp

Comment

caught 5 crappie and one bass this afternoon on a jig my dad caught 6 or 7 crappie put 5 in the bucket but end up turning them bk dad said we try it again some other afternoon he was to tired to clean em lol

Comment

Sounds like a nice day of fishing... especially in early March.

Comment

yea it was cloudy here yesterday and they wasn't biting to fast bout hour or so fishing still had fun

Comment

crapola, it's snowing here, think i'll stay inside and stay warm.

Comment

Originally posted by fishin'guy View Post
                        crapola, it's snowing here, think i'll stay inside and stay warm.
                        lol in high 80's here last few days

Comment

caught 7 crappie yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by dusty_goodson View Post
                            caught 7 crappie yesterday
                            Nice job... any keepers or catch and release?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
                              Nice job... any keepers or catch and release?
                              put em back

Comment

caught about 15 or so bream this afternoon two good ones rest smaller

Comment

Working...
                                X