No announcement yet.

So Who All Hunt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hunted and coyotes messed me they started cutting up and 510 and deer started blowing all around me

Comment

• saw a small 4 or 5 point this afternoon watched it from 515 to black dark

Comment

• Originally posted by dusty_goodson View Post
        saw a small 4 or 5 point this afternoon watched it from 515 to black dark
        Pull the trigger man! Get some meat in the freezer and one under your belt.
        "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• saw the same lil buck again this afternoon

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadEye View Post
            Pull the trigger man! Get some meat in the freezer and one under your belt.
            waiting on a fat doe one will mess up soon or later lol

Comment

• saw a spike yesterday didn't get to hunt today rain all freaking day MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

Comment

• Word on the street here in IA is deer numbers are way down this year. We definately didn't see the numbers we saw just 3-4 years ago. Iowa DNR needs to reduce the number of antlerless tags, and get rid of the January rifle season.

As of this post, only 98133 deer have been reported according to the DNR reporting website. Although that number is probably much higher as some people do not report their kill. Then add to that what EHD did this summer in the southern half of the state, where people would find 20-30 dead deer in 1/2-1 mile stretches of a creek or river...

I know there was at least 10 for sure taken off of our farm, plus a couple more probably.. Next year might be rough..
                T8/9 (2-24-06)
                IOWA

Comment

• Originally posted by RSieck View Post
                  Word on the street here in IA is deer numbers are way down this year. We definately didn't see the numbers we saw just 3-4 years ago. Iowa DNR needs to reduce the number of antlerless tags, and get rid of the January rifle season.

As of this post, only 98133 deer have been reported according to the DNR reporting website. Although that number is probably much higher as some people do not report their kill. Then add to that what EHD did this summer in the southern half of the state, where people would find 20-30 dead deer in 1/2-1 mile stretches of a creek or river...

I know there was at least 10 for sure taken off of our farm, plus a couple more probably.. Next year might be rough..
                  Sorry to hear that RS but it's a similar situation in lots of places from what I hear. I haven't heard early kill reports from here in Virginia but hunters all over the state are not seeing deer in the same numbers as the past few. The northeast part of the state took a pretty hard EHD hit and deer numbers in the mountainous west have been steadily dropping for years. Most likely due in large part to fawn predation from an increasing coyote population. They definitely need to address the issue...soon!
                  "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• was cold today wind chill 28 this afternoon didn't see crap

Comment

• Unfortunately in our country there is no such thing as hunting and more over hunting animals is the Biggest Crime !

Comment

• Originally posted by wondergirl View Post
                        Unfortunately in our country there is no such thing as hunting and more over hunting animals is the Biggest Crime !
                        I imagine that the British (when they ruled India) did way too much uncontrolled hunting. Especially the tigers. Tis a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
                          I imagine that the British (when they ruled India) did way too much uncontrolled hunting. Especially the tigers. Tis a shame.
                          Plenty of tigers left after India gained independence in 1948, what caused the tiger population crash was habitat destruction and poaching for the Chinese medicine industry.

Comment

• Anyone use Black powder rifles ?

Comment

• saw a small 6 point can't see no damn does

Comment

• Originally posted by GL View Post
                                Anyone use Black powder rifles ?
                                Every year. Not the old muskets, but modern in-line muzzleloaders are one of the most popular firearms for deer these days. States often have special ML seasons just for these weapons and they often coincide with the rut.

Comment

Working...
                                X