• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about some velvet pics..

T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Comment

More... The bucks are all in bachelor groups still...

T8/9 (2-24-06)
      IOWA

Comment

You're killing me RS! Nice bucks.
        "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Got over an acre of food plots planted last week, just waiting on some rain to make the seed germinate. Sept. 20 is the first day.. Hope to knock one down then, then I can screw off the rest of the fall...lol
          T8/9 (2-24-06)
          IOWA

Comment

JUST TO SET THE MOOD LOL. Find the hunter.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm new to this forum, been a c4 quad since 1985. Back then there was no internet & info was hard to come by. I've figured out a lot of different rigs for hunting, fishing, shooting. Have been around the country some on outfitter hunts, organized hunts for disabled hunters. Also volunteered for Buckmasters a little, I mostly hunt where I live in NY (not the city) and I've taken a bunch of deer, turkey, coyote even 2 elk out west. It can be done at any level of sci. I use a sharpshooter w/c rest, BeAdaptive trigger rig & my .270 for most of my deer hunts. I'd be glad to share info thanks, Jeff

Comment

Welcome aboard Jeff. You have a lot of helpful info to share, so glad you finally found us.

weeeelz
                "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

It's time! The van is cleaned, packed and I'm hitting the road early in the morning to drive 4 hours to Sanford NC for a day and a half deer hunt with Jerome Davis(the ex-PBR Pro. Bull Rider that broke his neck a few years back). He's hosting his 4th annual disabled deer hunt and should have roughly 75 hunters this year, hunting properties in two counties. NC DNR donates our licenses and we can each kill up to 6 deer in two days. It's a management hunt so I'm living by the brown-it's-down philosophy this weekend.

I'll leave there after the party Sat evening and get back late. Sunday morning it's up early and off for a 5-hour drive to SE Ohio to bow hunt for 3-4 days. I'm pumped about both hunts and will try to catch up on sleep when I get back. It should be fun and I'll try to keep things updated here. Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye View Post
                    It's time! The van is cleaned, packed and I'm hitting the road early in the morning to drive 4 hours to Sanford NC for a day and a half deer hunt with Jerome Davis(the ex-PBR Pro. Bull Rider that broke his neck a few years back). He's hosting his 4th annual disabled deer hunt and should have roughly 75 hunters this year, hunting properties in two counties. NC DNR donates our licenses and we can each kill up to 6 deer in two days. It's a management hunt so I'm living by the brown-it's-down philosophy this weekend.

I'll leave there after the party Sat evening and get back late. Sunday morning it's up early and off for a 5-hour drive to SE Ohio to bow hunt for 3-4 days. I'm pumped about both hunts and will try to catch up on sleep when I get back. It should be fun and I'll try to keep things updated here. Wish me luck!
                    Go get 'em, Robin.

Comment

For the serious hunter. With a price of $10-15k they are competitive with other power chairs. They are even available with a stander.

http://www.actiontrackchair.com/Defa...x#.VCmbMlewR_M

Click image for larger version

Name:	action trackchair.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	2658162
                      You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                      http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                      http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Not covered by any insurance either..

Iowa disabled season started Sept 20.. Still haven't been out yet, and not sure when I will be able too. This 8-5 work thing is getting in the way of my hunting time. Haven't decided if I'm going to take any time off or not. Got to get my powerchair fixed before I can even go..
                        T8/9 (2-24-06)
                        IOWA

Comment

Had a blast at the Jerome Davis "Back to the Woods" hunt in Siler City NC this past weekend. 74 disabled hunters, 35 deer harvested on Friday afternoon, 16 on Sat morning and I left before they did the Sat evening tally. I was hunting a goat farm and the landowner asked me to shoot every deer I saw. I killed a jet black coyote at 4:45 then started in n the deer. 2 does and a small scrub buck. Hunted a different property on Sat and didn't see a deer.

A small part of the group shot.

My black coyote.

Evening check in with my guides.

Comment

Good shooting! Glad you had a good time and a safe trip.
                            C 5/6 Comp.
                            No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Well my brother shot him Sunday... 183", field dressed weighed 280lbs.. He had over 2" of fat over his neck and above his rear-end.. Never seen anything like it before..

Last edited by RSieck; 13 Oct 2014, 10:10 PM.
                              T8/9 (2-24-06)
                              IOWA

Comment

Awesome buck. That's a hog.

Comment

Working...
                                X