So Who All Hunt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sw1 View Post
    Does anyone know if Savannah River will offer the wheelchair accessible hunt this year? Have a 30-40 Craig carbine that is light enough for me to handle.
    Steve
    For deer? I'm sure they will but I'm also pretty sure it's a shotgun only hunt.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• That sure is a Dandy! Do hope you find his sheds or from some of those other bucks. Keep an eye out for Lee & Tiffany that's one neither would pass up. I sure hope he did some breeding, maybe next year you will only have to look on your wall for his antlers.
      GOOD LUCK!

Comment

• Friend of mine found the left side to the 10pt I posted earlier on a farm just north of ours. We went out Monday looking for a few hours and didn't even find a single one. Gonna talk to the neighbor to the south and see if we can look on his ground, but probably won't be for awhile since were suppose to get 8" of snow overnight.

Lee & Tiffany are about 2.5 hours south of me. Been by a couple of their places before, the habitat for whitetails is crazy in Southern IA, well, I should say its crazy in about all of Iowa, but down there almost everyone practices QDMA, so the quality is quite a bit better. But overall as a state its just going to keep getting better. The county I'm in is one of the top 10 counties in the state for records. The buck I just posted should be close to 180", and we haven't even planted nothing for them yet... Its only going to get better on our farms...
        T8/9 (2-24-06)
        IOWA

Comment

• deadeye you need to make your ol ass down this way and do some trout fishing wythville isn't that far for ya

Comment

• Fishing? Boy, I got turkeys and coyotes to kill!!!

You should put in for the Bedford turkey hunt on 4/27. Awesome hunt. Also be sure to make the trip to Staunton for our outdoor day on May 11th. Awesome event and we catch some big cats!
            "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• I have been hunting the bike path near my house right before dark & been shootin the snot out of the rabbits. I average three per trip. This is my new hound Trigger. He is a miniture beagle his parents only weighed twenty pounds. Easy hunting , the rabbits just sit about twenty yrds or so off the path & I shoot them with my 410 or I have also used my 22 but it is usaully pretty thick where they are so I prefer my 410. Cant wait for april for turkey hiunting

Comment

• Dang Allen, you must be covered up with them! That's a good looking pup too!

Wabbits taste great!

Comment

• Thanks & yeah I am covered up I should of put a few more pics on here been pretty good lately. I am going to try ice fishing in the morning everybodys been doing pretty good lately. I am bringing my rig this time out the ice is plenty safe should make for some easier fishing. That beagle of mine is a 13 " & he wants to tear the rabbits up so he should do good in a few years . I debone the rabbits & shake & bake em just like pork chops & yeah they are damn good !!

Comment

• Originally posted by allenstevens View Post

I have been hunting the bike path near my house right before dark & been shootin the snot out of the rabbits. I average three per trip. This is my new hound Trigger. He is a miniture beagle his parents only weighed twenty pounds. Easy hunting , the rabbits just sit about twenty yrds or so off the path & I shoot them with my 410 or I have also used my 22 but it is usaully pretty thick where they are so I prefer my 410. Cant wait for april for turkey hiunting
                    congrats u got some good eating right there

Comment

• Love Beagles and rabbits. My dad always had a great Beagle and I grew up hunting with them.
                      You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                      http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                      http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by allenstevens View Post
                        I debone the rabbits & shake & bake em just like pork chops & yeah they are damn good !!
                        We shoot them at about half grown and just use the saddle and main back leg muscles, it makes for great curries, stews and pies.

The adults we roast but they can be dry.

Comment

• The older ones are great in spaghetti sauce (marinara). I also fix them in a sourcream and paprika gravy. And don't be eying my avatar! lol I priced domestic rabbits in a local supermarket last month. They had some imported from New Zealand for $17 per pound. (*&!#
                          You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                          http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                          http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

• Love your little beagle

Evonne
                            I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

Comment

• Took a matched set of sheds my grandpa had found back in 2001 to the Iowa Deer classic this weekend. Took 5th place with a score of 145 2/8" typical. 1st place was 160". Friend of mine missed the top 5 by 2" with his buck he shot 2 years ago, 172", and another friend's shotgun season buck from last December went 195". Some incredible bucks this year. Think the top scoring buck that was brought in went 271"...
                              T8/9 (2-24-06)
                              IOWA

Comment

• Originally posted by RSieck View Post
                                Took a matched set of sheds my grandpa had found back in 2001 to the Iowa Deer classic this weekend. Took 5th place with a score of 145 2/8" typical. 1st place was 160". Friend of mine missed the top 5 by 2" with his buck he shot 2 years ago, 172", and another friend's shotgun season buck from last December went 195". Some incredible bucks this year. Think the top scoring buck that was brought in went 271"...
                                damn some big BOYS

Comment

Working...
                                X