Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lesnar/Carwin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lesnar/Carwin

    I pick Carwin by first round flash ko.

    #2
    man o man am i pumped fo this fight i watched the countdown show for it earlier and i just dnt kno who to pick but if carwin connects it could be lights out for lesnar. brocks best chance def on the ground i dnnt kno if hes got the chin to stand with carwin. im also lookin forward to the leben vs akiyama fight thats gonna be an awesome match up! bummed wanderlei had to pull out but leben is a perfect step in IMO. ahhhhh cant wait till its fight night!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by jhm View Post
      man o man am i pumped fo this fight i watched the countdown show for it earlier and i just dnt kno who to pick but if carwin connects it could be lights out for lesnar. brocks best chance def on the ground i dnnt kno if hes got the chin to stand with carwin. im also lookin forward to the leben vs akiyama fight thats gonna be an awesome match up! bummed wanderlei had to pull out but leben is a perfect step in IMO. ahhhhh cant wait till its fight night!
      Yeah, I'm really excited for this event. It's too bad that Wanderlei had
      to pull out of his fight, but Leben is still fun to watch. At least Leben
      won't get ko'd.

      Yeah, Lesnar's chin is as much a mystery as Carwin's cardio. Although,
      I do remember Lesnar saying that he "saw tweety bird" when Mir
      caught him with a knee.

      Comment


        #4
        I wish I could fit this fight into my 'budget', but plopping down $50 or whatever it is, is too much for me now! But, I'd give my left toe to watch this fight! I got butterflies thinking about it...........I think Carwin will win, 2nd round TKO. Only because Lesnars been out for a bit and may be rusty. If it goes to the ground, it should be a wrestling tutorial though with both of their wrestling backgrounds! I'm stoked to watch it on the web on Sunday!!!!

        Anyone wanna come over and slip the cost of the PPV? I'll cook! LOL
        Larry
        ------
        Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

        Comment


          #5
          I haven't seen Carwin fight yet. I have seen Lesnar a couple times and he's awfully big and strong. He punches so hard but looks a little stiff in the octagon. Carwin is 11-0, all first round KO's? I think my money would be on him then.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by smokey View Post
            I haven't seen Carwin fight yet. I have seen Lesnar a couple times and he's awfully big and strong. He punches so hard but looks a little stiff in the octagon. Carwin is 11-0, all first round KO's? I think my money would be on him then.
            He's 12-0. All first round stoppages. 7 ko's, 5 submissions. I think he's
            better than Lesnar, but doesn't receive the attention because he's
            not a WWF star.

            I think he ko's Lesnar right out of the gate. Lesnar looks like
            Frankenstein on his feet. Carwin is too big to be bulldozed
            like Lesnars previous opponents.

            Comment


              #7
              excellent fight. definitely lived up to the hype. lesnars victory was a shocker, especially after the first round. i'm glad the ref didn't stop the fight.

              future opponents now know that carwins weakness is his conditioning and submission defense and lesnars is his chin.

              not sure how he'll do against velasquez.

              i was hoping akiyama would beat leben. arg.

              the bonnar fight was crazy.

              i switched during the kendall fight.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by antiquity View Post
                excellent fight. definitely lived up to the hype. lesnars victory was a shocker, especially after the first round. i'm glad the ref didn't stop the fight.

                future opponents now know that carwins weakness is his conditioning and submission defense and lesnars is his chin.

                not sure how he'll do against velasquez.

                i was hoping akiyama would beat leben. arg.

                the bonnar fight was crazy.

                i switched during the kendall fight.

                X2, except about Lesnar's chin and Leben. I don't think anyone else
                in the HW division could've handled Carwin's gnp any better than
                Lesnar. But I think Velasquez can ko Lesnar. I want to see Overeem/
                Lesnar soon.

                The fight went exactly as I thought it would in the first. Lesnar
                has no standup game. Had Carwin paced himself and picked his
                shots, he'd have won.

                I always root for Leben, even if he is a goofball. He's a fellow
                Portland boy. He's earned about $200,000 in the last 3 weeks, too.

                I'm tired of Grove. I never really liked him, but I'm no fan of Reljic
                either. Grove should go the way of Jardine. He's not even a gatekeeper.
                Last edited by Buck503; 4 Jul 2010, 4:48 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  i wanna see chris leben vs wanderlei silva so bad that fight would be epic!

                  i thought lesnar did a phenomenal job against carwin and i think hes deffinitely proved hes got one hell of a chin and far a lesnar vs cain i see brock taking it easy but we will have to see plus i cant stand cain hah so i hope brock whoops him ha. i too hope overeem comes to the ufc hes another beast and i think hes brocks biggest threat right now.

                  stephan bonnar is the man that was one hell of a fight he put on and im pumped he got the win he deserved it!

                  cant wait for ufc 117 thats gonna be another awesome card!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
                    X2, except about Lesnar's chin and Leben. I don't think anyone else
                    in the HW division could've handled Carwin's gnp any better than
                    Lesnar. But I think Velasquez can ko Lesnar. I want to see Overeem/
                    Lesnar soon.

                    The fight went exactly as I thought it would in the first. Lesnar
                    has no standup game. Had Carwin paced himself and picked his
                    shots, he'd have won.

                    I always root for Leben, even if he is a goofball. He's a fellow
                    Portland boy. He's earned about $200,000 in the last 3 weeks, too.

                    I'm tired of Grove. I never really liked him, but I'm no fan of Reljic
                    either. Grove should go the way of Jardine. He's not even a gatekeeper.
                    You're right regarding Lesnar taking everything Carwin threw at him, I guess I was referring to his flinchiness when punched. Reminded me of how Tito reacts. On his feet, Lesnar doesn't know how to control the instinct to flinch and run when a fist is coming at him.

                    Looking forward to Lesnar/Velasquez.

                    I've hated Leben since season 1. It was the pissing on that other dudes bed that turned me off. I was glad when Bisping and Anderson gave him a beat down. Plus he tested positive for roids...lame. I do think he'll beat Vanderlei but that's not saying much. Vandy isn't the contender he used to be.

                    Agree about Grove. He needs to go.

                    Do you watch Strike Force? Did you catch the Fedor/Werdun fight? I really wanted Smith to beat Kung Lee but I knew he'd lose the rematch. He's so inconsistent. Ugh.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by antiquity View Post
                      Do you watch Strike Force? Did you catch the Fedor/Werdun fight? I really wanted Smith to beat Kung Lee but I knew he'd lose the rematch. He's so inconsistent. Ugh.
                      Yeah I watch Strikeforce. Fedor/Werdum was nuts. I can't believe
                      how careless Fedor was in Werdum's guard.

                      I'm not a Le or Smith fan, but I wasn't surprised how quickly Le
                      finished him. Le was winning their first fight until he got caught
                      late in the 3rd. I think Smith's next opponent should be Cristiane
                      'Cyborg' Santos.

                      Wanderlei and Leben are 50/50 in my opinion. I really hope that
                      that fight happens, but Wandy is probably out for a year.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by antiquity View Post

                        I've hated Leben since season 1. It was the pissing on that other dudes bed that turned me off. I was glad when Bisping and Anderson gave him a beat down. Plus he tested positive for roids...lame. I do think he'll beat Vanderlei but that's not saying much. Vandy isn't the contender he used to be.
                        Ya, I remember Leben pissing on somebody's bed too....really a cowardly dickhead move. However, when I was 19 and leaving my second apartment I took a shit in my landlords garment bag in the attic we shared. I unzipped it, squatted, and extruded an awful smelling pile of shit right in the bottom of his garment bag that had winter coats in it and zipped it back up. He was a real asshole to us thoughout the whole lease....I wish I could have shit more.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X