Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock and roll marathon san diego

What's up everyone,

Just wanted to say that I just signed up for the Rock and Roll Marathon here in San Diego to be held June 6th. This will be my first marathon so I'm pretty stoked about it and looking forward to completing it with a couple of my teammates. We are getting ready for the NVWG so what better way to train for a 10k than by doing a marathon. Wish me luck

i did the sd r&r in ... 99 i believe
    it was a ball
    good course (if it'll be the same)
    lots of good flat pushing, not too much uphill or downhill
    a few grinds here and there
    practice some short, very steep climbs
    there was a spot going from a bikepath up onto a road that was treacherous as could be; as steep as anything i could do
    it was only 10-15 ft long, but very spooky going up

anyway, good luck

ps stop for a beer around mile 19

Comment

Good luck!!! Please give us a full report!

Comment

Are you doing it in your regular chair?

Comment

No I will be doing it on my handcycle (Invacare XLT Pro)

Comment

Originally posted by exqusit1 View Post
            No I will be doing it on my handcycle (Invacare XLT Pro)
            I did not think they allowed handcycles at that marathon. Maybe I should enter
            Adaptive Sports Forums.com
            http://adaptivesportsforums.com
            Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Hmm, just checked the site and it says handcycles are not allowed.
              Adaptive Sports Forums.com
              http://adaptivesportsforums.com
              Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Re: Rock and roll marathon san diego

What's up everyone,

Just wanted to say that I just signed up for the Rock and Roll Marathon here in San Diego to be held June 6th. This will be my first marathon so I'm pretty stoked about it and looking forward to completing it with a couple of my teammates. We are getting ready for the NVWG so what better way to train for a 10k than by doing a marathon. Wish me luck
                I wish you a best luck. When I experienced to join in a marathon, I luckily won.

Comment

UPDATE: The Rock and Roll Marathon was yesterday (Sunday June 6,2010) and man was it pretty cool. I did the full marathon and I completed it in 2 1/2 hours. I would have finished around the 2 hour mark but I started out riding with a teammate until they told me to go ahead. I reached the half marathon mark 13.1 mile in right around 1 hour. It was a nice day and I would like to thank our sponsor Achilles International for making this event possible for us. I can say that I've done my first marathon and completed it 26.2 miles total.

Comment

UPDATE: The Rock and Roll Marathon was yesterday (Sunday June 6,2010) and man was it pretty cool. I did the full marathon and I completed it in 2 1/2 hours. I would have finished around the 2 hour mark but I started out riding with a teammate until they told me to go ahead. I reached the half marathon mark 13.1 mile in right around 1 hour. It was a nice day and I would like to thank our sponsor Achilles International for making this event possible for us. I can say that I've done my first marathon and completed it 26.2 miles total.
                    good job!
                    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Congrats! I thought about you when avoiding driving anywhere near the race course around town yesterday. I made the mistake of getting near the course a couple of years ago and got caught in the mother of all traffic jams!

(KLD)
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

LOL Yeah traffic was pretty crazy around that area especially when we were heading back to the hotel. Thanks for the congrats and I'm glad you avoided the traffic

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

awesome man. where are the pics
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com
                            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Gonna see if I can get some pics up soon

Comment

Working...