Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I carry a handgun concealed in my chair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baclofen pump

the baclofenpump has a significant improve ment in spasms.i was on the respirator but i am able to breath on my own now.

pluse if you take celcene every hour and a half or so it acts like a dormicum drip and reduces spasms significantly.

Comment

Right On

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
      I really don't. It's just a funny thing to joke about. I definitely don't think all people who make gay jokes are homophobic, it's just funny to laugh at ourselves and our differences without being hateful.
      Totally agree, and this may be a first for me.
      You C.A.N.
      Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

Vulnerable

Since most of my time is spent at home, I felt the need for home defense. I have a .380 semi automatic, but did not think it was up to the job. I did a gob of on line research and talking with gun owners and gun dealers to determine what would work best for me.

For home, I settled on a Taurus Judge, long barrel revolver. It holds five .410 gauge and accommodates .45 caliber ammunition or a combination of both. I load the Judge with two .410 shells, followed by two .45 caliber rounds and finish with one .410. The .410 shells are triple ought.

Outside my home I plan to carry pepper spray, the strongest I can buy and that offers a long stream. No permit required.
        You C.A.N.
        Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

I grew up around firearms but mostly for sport hunting, back before my accident I started to acquire a few different types from assault weapons such as an AK, SKS, Mini 14 and of course the M 16 along with different hunting rifle calibers as well as several hand guns. When North Dakota passed the concealed weapons law I was one of the first in the state to apply and obtain one. I chose a Ruger P 85 decocker in the 9mm and carried it using and in the pants holster when I felt I needed the protection. When I lived in the country I kept a Makrov 9X18 in the nightstand just incase someone decided that they needed to enter my house. I taught my wife how to use it but she prefers to use her fathers 357 nickel Colt Trooper. Just last week my 11 year old son passed his hunter safety course which was really not a surprise as he has been shooting with me from age 8 and has vowed never to sale any of my firearm collection. Now that I am in a chair and do not get out in public as much as I use to I no longer carry but I still keep the Makrov in my night stand in case something or someone decides to go bump in the night

Comment

How bout up yer butt! I always thought I'd mount one just under my W/C cushion right behind my R-knee. It would be very difficult to see between cushion / w/c goodies bag etc. I've been robbed twice in (big cities) so I can't say it's not a bad idea! Don't assume you know who the bad guy is I got my last car opened up upon by Cops with sawed-offs (00buck) a mini -14 machine gun and a 9mm they shot out two windows and put 30 plus rounds into my car. They all missed me, somehow?[IMG]/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by nevada View Post
              I grew up around firearms but mostly for sport hunting, back before my accident I started to acquire a few different types from assault weapons such as an AK, SKS, Mini 14 and of course the M 16 along with different hunting rifle calibers as well as several hand guns. When North Dakota passed the concealed weapons law I was one of the first in the state to apply and obtain one. I chose a Ruger P 85 decocker in the 9mm and carried it using and in the pants holster when I felt I needed the protection. When I lived in the country I kept a Makrov 9X18 in the nightstand just incase someone decided that they needed to enter my house. I taught my wife how to use it but she prefers to use her fathers 357 nickel Colt Trooper. Just last week my 11 year old son passed his hunter safety course which was really not a surprise as he has been shooting with me from age 8 and has vowed never to sale any of my firearm collection. Now that I am in a chair and do not get out in public as much as I use to I no longer carry but I still keep the Makrov in my night stand in case something or someone decides to go bump in the night
              I have a P 95, same gun, but with a composite handle... (and only 10 rounds because of the laws when they were produced), got a 15 round mag you aren't using and want to sell?

Comment

Sorry spare mag is not for sale wished I could help. Have you checked on gun broker http://www.gunbroker.com/ you may be able to find one there it may or may not be a Ruger mag but an after market but as long as it feeds that is all that matters

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post
                  Out of curiosity, what are you riding there seth?

And lol at the thought of using a dragunov on the shitter.

Can am Spyder got over 21k on for miles with a blown engine that cost me 2 months,

the dragonov sits, I have a FN ps90 as well for deer and zombies.

To answer the other question, I have been around guns my whole life, reloading and such, some people get into cars, art and wine.

I am into motorcycles, guns, paintball and the SCI slowed down the other thing. I don't like to half ass it (funny in a wheelchair I know) I try a gun, keep it or take what I like about it and apply it to the next gun, I was mech infrantry and did alot of training on our own, weapon systems are unique and in certain situations some are better than others.
                  I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.

Comment

Originally posted by Timptations View Post
                    How bout up yer butt! I always thought I'd mount one just under my W/C cushion right behind my R-knee. It would be very difficult to see between cushion / w/c goodies bag etc. I've been robbed twice in (big cities) so I can't say it's not a bad idea! Don't assume you know who the bad guy is I got my last car opened up upon by Cops with sawed-offs (00buck) a mini -14 machine gun and a 9mm they shot out two windows and put 30 plus rounds into my car. They all missed me, somehow?[IMG]/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif[/IMG]
                    wow, what is the back story here? I don't know if you just do not shoot much or what but a mini-14 is a trailer park ar-15 and its semi automatic rifle, I have NEVER heard of cops using a sawed off anything, and if they shot at you in a car with buck shot and 223 they should have killed everthing in the car, contrary to the TV myth, a 223 round will cut thru car doors and a close range (10 meters or less) buck will as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SethO View Post
                      Can am Spyder got over 21k on for miles with a blown engine that cost me 2 months,
                      Nice. Those bikes seem pretty cool, but I think they are ass ugly for a street vehicle.

Hopefully one day I will be able to get a Ural. Somebody makes an aftermarket handshifter, so I wouldn't even have to rely on an electric shift.

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post
                        Nice. Those bikes seem pretty cool, but I think they are ass ugly for a street vehicle.

Hopefully one day I will be able to get a Ural. Somebody makes an aftermarket handshifter, so I wouldn't even have to rely on an electric shift.

If I was not hurt I would not have one, not fast enough for me but they are the fastest/quickest cornering thing an average budget can buy and they other owners for the most part are great guys, gives me something to do that is like being human again.

To relate this to the topic, I have carried my AK-47 back 60 miles north on my back on the spyder, put two dragunovs in a hard case that was strapped to my wheelchair on the backseat of the spyder and have carried my ps90 out hog hunting. I also always carry my .38 in my riding jacket, works great for that.

I have rode a ural just reached down and shifted, SLOW even by cruier standards, you have to do your own wrenching, they are steel (russian strong like bull, bmw motor from the 40's) so if you are up to that I would ride one around in the parking lot and you will see what I mean.

Comment

To relate this to the topic, I have carried my AK-47 back 60 miles north on my back on the spyder, put two dragunovs in a hard case that was strapped to my wheelchair on the backseat of the spyder and have carried my ps90 out hog hunting. I also always carry my .38 in my riding jacket, works great for that.
                          An AK-47 strapped to your back while you ride 60 miles!?!?!?!

You, my friend, are my new hero.

I have rode a ural just reached down and shifted, SLOW even by cruier standards, you have to do your own wrenching, they are steel (russian strong like bull, bmw motor from the 40's) so if you are up to that I would ride one around in the parking lot and you will see what I mean.
                          Yeah, I know the urals are slow. Really slow. But I am used to that, my last ride was a honda 650 dirtbike that I rode cross country (and crashed and broke my back on), so I am used to finding routes that keep me off the interstate.

The ural just seems like the most attractive option to me... mostly because it has a real reverse gear and plenty of room for the extra crip luggage I would have to haul around now.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB701 View Post

A set of X-Core wheels would make access a lot easier, no?

stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Here ya go- its not really "concealed" but who would mess with you? You could stick a full size, high capacity .45 in the cross draw holster. You could use the other pockets for catheters, enemas, keys, fix-a-flat, kitchen sinks, etc. LOL

http://www.uscav.com/ZoomImage.aspx?...ged/28753L.jpg
                              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Herco16 View Post
                                Here ya go- its not really "concealed" but who would mess with you? You could stick a full size, high capacity .45 in the cross draw holster. You could use the other pockets for catheters, enemas, keys, fix-a-flat, kitchen sinks, etc. LOL

http://www.uscav.com/ZoomImage.aspx?...ged/28753L.jpg
                                Sure, you can conceal that, as long as it's winter and you've got a gigantic fluffy coat, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X