Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I carry a handgun concealed in my chair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody. Keep them coming.

Since I would rather have something that is on me instead of on my chair (for a variety of reasons) I was thinking of something like this.

I was thinking of wearing it lower than in the picture, just above my waistline, so that when I sat in the chair, the barrel is just above the seat.

Any opinions on this type of a holster

Anyone ever used one?

Still looking for some wisdom on blued vs stainless as well.

Comment

I tried a variety of options including like that and they were a pain. To difficult to push the wheels. Give it a try though you may like it better.
      Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by SoulScream View Post
        I tried a variety of options including like that and they were a pain. To difficult to push the wheels. Give it a try though you may like it better.
        really?

I am just pushing myself around the room here, trying to see where it would contact my arm, and I seem to always have at least 3-4" of clearance between my arm and my side.

Although now that I think about it, I have lost a lot of weight and my chair is much wider than it needs to be.

Also, several people mentioned 9mm or .38s or some other caliber of gun. I think I am pretty much sold on a .357, because I plan on doing some traveling and camping in the Rockies. I can remember the last time I was there, in a campground all by myself with "watch out for bears" signs posted all over. I would feel much better there with a hot loaded .357 than a 9mm (especially since I can't run away any more).

I'd actually rather have a .44 mag, but that is incredibly unreasonable for CCW.

Comment

I had a fannypack made at an Army Surplus store out of heavy duty canvas. I just took everything I wanted to carry in the bag, pistol, checkbook, catheters, kitchen sink, whatever, and they custom made the bag. I think it was around $20, but that was about 20 years ago. I still use the bag and it's in great shape. BTW, when I carry, I carry a Bersa 380. Light enough to carry, heavy enough to do the job.
          Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Will this concealed weapon have a safety on it for your own protection? I'd hate for you to bend over the wrong way and shoot yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
              Will this concealed weapon have a safety on it for your own protection? I'd hate for you to bend over the wrong way and shoot yourself.
              They call that Pulling a Plaxico.
              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
                As someone once said "your safety is between your ears".

No it will not have a safety. But I cannot think of a situation where bending over (or dropping the gun, or throwing it across the room or being run over by a car) would cause it to go off.

Comment

.357 is really good! I have an H&K .40 that I like but it's really pretty big and heavy for a CCW, plus it has a lot of recoil too. I did have a bag strapped to my leg for awhile with it in there plus other supplies, it was a small bag. I used that camping. It was actually my camo shaving kit bag from the Marines.
                  Andrew

Comment

I just put it in the bag that hangs in front of my chair between the legs. I would recommend going with an automatic like a Glock 23 or something.

Comment

Use a shoulder holster minus extra straps, hung around the neck with the pistolE hanging down near your stomach. It won't interfere with your pushing the chair and it is quickly accessible by sticking your hand under your untucked shirt and grabbing it.
                      Took a while to get used to but after a few days, it's all good.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

For EDC ''belly band holster'' could be a good option

but for Camping/fishing,etc as you told, i prefer a ''pilot holster''

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post
                          No it will not have a safety. But I cannot think of a situation where bending over (or dropping the gun, or throwing it across the room or being run over by a car) would cause it to go off.

Comment

I've had mine under my seat for about 18 months now, and its been perfectly secure. I can reach down and un-pop the gun in a single fluid movement (practiced so it becomes smooth). I never have to remember to take the gun with me, since it is always there.

In the picture it looks obvious where it is, but that is the flash. I have never had anyone spot the gun, they are always suprised if I point it out.

It may look a little precarious hanging like that, but I can assure you it is secure.

The biggest danger is taking it to places you really shouldn't by accident. I have become much better at removing it before entering such places...... (in fact it stays at home until my citizenship comes through in June....).

Also, its a Keltec 380. Costs around $250.

Comment

..ive been through tactical shooting courses(pre injury).... friend was special forces...post injury, still shoot my glock9mm...baretta25cal....m4....mp5..........pers onally, i have it on me , not the chair.....if ur in a situation and u fall off or get knocked off your chair....u cannot get to your gun.....
                              - Rolling Thru Life -

Comment

Originally posted by roc21 View Post
                                ..ive been through tactical shooting courses(pre injury).... friend was special forces...post injury, still shoot my glock9mm...baretta25cal....m4....mp5..........pers onally, i have it on me , not the chair.....if ur in a situation and u fall off or get knocked off your chair....u cannot get to your gun.....
                                I am playing the percentage game.

Having the gun under the chair means I ALWAYS have the gun with me. Even when I'm in the shower, it is right there.

When I go into a situation that I judge I might need a gun, then I take it from under the chair and perhaps put it under my right thigh, my pocket, or between my thighs. Such situation are; ATM visit, rolling into a gas station at night etc.

Of course, I might be attacked completely by suprise in a time and place I had perceived no risk, and I might fall out of the chair. In which case the gun would be useless. However, the percentage chance of this scenario is acceptably low enough for me to accept.

Comment

Working...
                                X