No announcement yet.

Wheelchair accessible vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott do you drive your Subaru and Jeep from the drivers seat?

Comment

I also have a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona that i drive but i have to transfer into the drivers seat.

Comment

Originally posted by krew99 View Post
        Scott do you drive your Subaru and Jeep from the drivers seat?
        Yup.

Subaru is basically unadapted aside from hand controls. Nothing fancy. The Jeep is lifted on 35" tires, wheelchair lift in the rear. A few photos here: https://www.carecure.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129252

Comment

That is cool you must have some pretty good upper body strength to get that high i can get into a Pt Cruiser with assistance. Do you need assistance? I am a C6 C7

Comment

Originally posted by krew99 View Post
            That is cool you must have some pretty good upper body strength to get that high i can get into a Pt Cruiser with assistance. Do you need assistance? I am a C6 C7
            I use a transfer board, but other than that I'm independent. The Outback's seat is a few inches higher than my chair but it's really not a big deal.

C6 here as well, functional @ C7.

Comment

I use a sliding board also dont need help when getting into the car, will post pictures when i get truck.

Comment

hello .
                i am a disabled because of my spinal cord problem. I converse my van to the wheelchair accessible, this is really very helpful for me to drive from the wheelchair. It also have the hand controls.

Comment

I have driven a minivan for years with seating for seven. Now that our children have grown up and have gone their own ways I feel I would like to drive something other than a van. A mom van just isn’t me anymore. The van I use currently has a Bruno lift that I can access from the passenger side. I put my chair in the van with help from the lift and transfer to the drivers seat. I only lost one seat with this configuration, yeah? My question to others is how does one stow a wheelchair in a vehicle if not in a van? I use a manual chair but cannot walk or stand.

Trina

Comment

Working...
                  X