Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visiting Vancouver

Hi,
    Just booked my flight to Vancouver (for september)! Now I'm looking for a hotel and I nailed it down to 2: YWCA, 733 Beatty Street OR Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport, 7188 Westminster Highway, Richmond.
    I don't know what would be the better choice. Staying in Richmond near the Oval (where I would like to watch some of the wheelchairrugby games) or staying in the city centre and make some trips to the Oval.
    Anyone can give me some good advice? Maybe someone even knows a better hotel (price and/or location wise).
    Kiran, enjoy your time in the city now!
    Bieke

The Richmond hotel is very close to the Canada Line. You can see the stations on this map:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&sou...ed=0CBcQtgMwAA

Getting downtown, and around the downtown from the Canada Line is very easy.

And the reverse is as easy. Staying downtown and accessing the oval.
    Last edited by Van Quad; 02-26-2010, 03:23 PM. Reason: To remove the power chair question

Comment

I can't help you about the hotels you mentioned - BUT YOU WILL LOVE VANCOUVER!

It is the best vacation I ever had. We stayed at the Hyatt on Burrard downtown. Great hotel. Great accessability and great staff. Not cheap though if you are on a budget.

Getting around via taxi or public transportation is so easy.

Must Do's while there:

1) Go to Victoria and visit Butchart gardens. Even if you are not into flowers / gardening you will love it. Getting there requires a great ferry ride too.

2) Granville Island (I think it was called)

3) Stanley park

4) ocean wall walkway

Enjoy!

Comment

I can also recommend the Aquarium in Stanley Park. I love that city!

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

In Vancouver we still call it murder ball.

Checking ahead to September, you might enjoy Bard on the Beach it runs till September 26:
          http://www.greatervancouverhotels.co..._the_beach.htm

BC Lions football. Canadian football league. They play outdoors for this one season as they refurbish
          BC Place September 11 the Toronto Argonauts are in town. September 18 the Hamilton Tiger cats in town.
          Last edited by Van Quad; 02-27-2010, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I've been putting together a resource page of accessible touristy things to do around Vancouver & BC. It's still pretty incomplete and the images aren't up yet, but here it is in case it helps:

http://wheelchairvanrentals.com/Links.html

Comment

Thanks all, it seems we will pretty busy. So much to do and see while there!

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper1 View Post
                I've been putting together a resource page of accessible touristy things to do around Vancouver & BC. It's still pretty incomplete and the images aren't up yet, but here it is in case it helps:

http://wheelchairvanrentals.com/Links.html
                great page of links Scaper1.

Comment

Thanks! If you have any other suggestions, please pm me. I had no idea the Grouse Mountain gondolas were accessible before I started, they sure weren't when I was still skiing.

Comment

Sheridan & Aquarium

I was there a few years ago and stayed in the Sheridan - it was great. We went to the aquarium and that was a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X