Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could anyone help in identifying this bird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could anyone help in identifying this bird?

[IMG]/forum/picture.php?albumid=339&pictureid=2501[/IMG]
    It has a black body about the size of a common starling but is not speckled. The head is brown with a mask of light yellow on the sides of the face and a black streak from the back of the beek through the eye. The beek is about 1 inch long and curved down. It loves sunflower seeds! I cannot find this bird in any bird books or anyplace on the net. If birds crossbreed I would say it was between a starling, cowbird and thrasher but never heard of that happening. Sorry the colors don't show up better in the picture.
    [IMG]/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2501&albumid=339&dl=12626368 82&thumb=1[/IMG][IMG]/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2502&albumid=339&dl=12626439 10&thumb=1[/IMG]
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-04-2010, 08:03 PM. Reason: People state they can't see picture, which is on my site.

Your picture doesn't show on my computer

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm, it does on mine? Can anyone see the bird picture?

Comment

I can't.
        Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
        Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Nope, me neither.
          "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Can you see it now?

Comment

no. I would like to see it though.

Comment

If you can't see it now, someone please walk me thru the process of putting a picture on. I see it three times on my computer.

Comment

How to post a picture on a thread?

Click on the "go advanced" button:

[ATTACH]33399[/ATTACH]
                  Choose the Paper clip and a new "Manage Attachments" window will pop open

-------------------\/
                  [ATTACH]33400[/ATTACH]

Click on 1 "Browse..." button once you have found the picture on your local machines hard drive click on 2 "Upload" button

Once you have uploaded your picture then use the "\/" pull down button to the right of the paperclip button to insert your picture into the body of the message.

It might take some trial and error as well as some time to up load the picture.

Comment

Or, if the picture is online somewhere, you can click the insert picture icon. Then paste in the url location of the picture on the web.

Thanks!

Comment

Can you see it now? If so, it really isn't an eagle. WOW, that sucker just grew!!!!!

Thanks ColonusFan and RDF for the info. I don't think I'll be doing any more pictures soon!

Comment

Yeah I can see it.

Thanks!

Comment

I found a picture in my bird book that was similiar. A black catbird, of the mockingbird-thrasher family. Could it be ???

Comment

It looks young.

Comment

Thanks Rebajane, I am not familiar with a black catbird but it could be, I have not ever seen a bird up here with these kind of markings.

NorthQuad, it may be a young bird that wasn't mature enough at migration time. It comes around about once a week and looks pretty cold. Hope it makes it thru the winter!

Comment

Working...
                              X