Best Showerchair for travel / flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Showerchair for travel / flying

I also need info on what is the best showerchair/ toilet chair to travel / fly with?

Here ya go: www.GoesAnywhere.com The absolute BEST!

and yes, I AM THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY, before anybody has a freakin' heart attack!!

If you need any more info, don't hesitate to ask me.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Also check out these products. They have been in business for many years, and also are produced by people who use wheelchairs themselves:

www.nuprodx.com

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Sissy,

I recently bought the combination shower chair/ toilet seat from-http://www.nuprodx.com/

It is very well made, packs into a small case, is easy to assemble and will last for years.

Comment

The Nuprodx chair is super nice. You're going to pay a pretty penny though. Assembly and disassembly is quick and easy. I was able to talk my girlfriend through the process in only about 20 minutes. Now she can do it in five. It's not light and it's not cheap but super high quality.

Comment

Again, not to knock the competition as Nuprodx does manufacture very nice chairs, but the Go-Anywhere Chairs are half the price, are lighter, have less parts and require ZERO tools to assemble and disassemble.
            Rick Goldstein
            GO! Mobility Solutions

Comment

Sissy,

Go with the Nuprodx.

I have the Nuprodx 3000tx and LOVE IT!!! It is super lightweight, compact and easy to use. The engineering and construction is second to none. I think its a little more than the Goesanywhere one, but worth it. I've had mine for almost 2 1/2 years, using it nearly every day and have never had an issue with it. I weigh 225lbs, too. There is more than enough room in the case they provide, to put a change of clothes and two days of bowel care supplies along with the chair itself. And its only 9"x9"x18"

I've popped it on my lap and taken into many Targets and Wal-marts when traveling. I can put mine together, clean myself out, disassemble and repack in fifteen minutes. Ok- the goesanywhere may not need a "tool", but that "tool" is a simple allen wrench. Something most of us gimps have to carry with us anyway.....

I LOVE IT!!!!

Dave
              Dave

Comment

We are looking at the Nuprodx 3000tx but my fiance has a question about the bowel care part. Do any of you have the opening to the side and are you able to reach around the bar that is infront of the opening without problem. He is very concerned that the bar will get in the way. When i watched them put it together it looked like you can have it without the back, so it would look like the bathroom chair he already uses, so we could turn it to the side but again he is worried about that bar. Does it get in the way?

Comment

The opening can be used in any direction, with or w/o the the backrest and/or arm rests. I've never had an issue with the bar, but I'm partial to an opening at the back.

If you're going to travel w/it, spring for the leg offset thingy. Its $100 more, and it spreads or narrows two of the legs 3". I ran into two hotels with wall mounted commodes. Wall mounts are very wide at the back and commode chairs dont normally fit over them. After pooping in the trashcans I bought the offsets. lol I've never had to use them to narrow the chair, like if it had to be placed in a skinny bathtub.

It is expensive, but its an amazing chair and one of the best investments I've made in my SCI career.

Dave
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Herco16 View Post
                    Ok- the goesanywhere may not need a "tool", but that "tool" is a simple allen wrench. Something most of us gimps have to carry with us anyway.....

I LOVE IT!!!!

Dave
                    Even more significant than not needing any tools to assemble or disassemble is the amount of time it takes and the ease in which these tasks may be accomplished. You don't even need instructions with the Go-Anywhere Chairs and they can be snapped together in just a minute-or-two.

r
                    Rick Goldstein
                    GO! Mobility Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by goldnucs View Post
                      Even more significant than not needing any tools to assemble or disassemble is the amount of time it takes and the ease in which these tasks may be accomplished. You don't even need instructions with the Go-Anywhere Chairs and they can be snapped together in just a minute-or-two.

r
                      I'm sure you make a great product, however there is no need to use directions to simply twist 4 allen-head bolts on the Nuprodx. It's incredibly strong and secure. I'm wary of things that "Snap together" as the parts start to wear.
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Herco16 View Post
                        I'm sure you make a great product, however there is no need to use directions to simply twist 4 allen-head bolts on the Nuprodx. It's incredibly strong and secure. I'm wary of things that "Snap together" as the parts start to wear.
                        I'm wary of products that cost double that of other products which do the same job easier, better and which are lighter.
                        Rick Goldstein
                        GO! Mobility Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by goldnucs View Post
                          I'm wary of products that cost double that of other products which do the same job easier, better and which are lighter.
                          Can you post a side by side comparison of the above specs? I have a hard time comparing apples to apples. I'm sure you would be able to post them. Size, cost, weight, etc. (specifically as between the Nuprodx 3000, 3000tx and what you have to match)
                          Dave

Comment

Here ya go:

Go-Anywhere CST - 39 lbs - $1445 compares to the
                            Nuprodx Multi 6000 - 46 lbs - $3295

Pay 128% more for Nuprodx

Go-Anywhere SP - 36 lbs - $1395 - width = 23" compares to the
                            Nuprodx Multi 4020 - 38 lbs - $1995 - width = 26-1/2"

Pay 43% more for Nuprodx

The 20" wheels on the Go-Anywhere SP may be mounted either front OR rear and are interchangeable. The Nuprodx has to be ordered 4020 (rear mount) or 4020rx (front mount) and they stay that way

Go-Anywhere CS - 31 lbs - $1145 - width = 18" compares to the
                            Nuprodx Multi - 28 lbs - $1495 - width = 21-1/2"

Pay 31% more for Nuprodx

GO! Mobility does not manufacture anything comparable to the Nuprodx 3000 / 3000tx, however, we will be announcing some new product releases after the first of the year.

I cannot attest to the accuracy of the Nuprodx data specified above. I got the information from their website.
                            Rick Goldstein
                            GO! Mobility Solutions

Comment

i've found great portable bth chair for getting into tub w/out all the external apparatus. Seat swivels and slides, protect skin. Not a comm ode chair though, PM me if you waaaant t see before I manage to post

Comment

Working...
                              X