noob sayin hi any other trikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brucec View Post
    hey freedom, is that one of those new hd factory trikes? or aftermarket?
    looks great
    Yes it is. I use to ride Victory motorcycles and I was going to trike out my Kingpin but it doesn't have reverse, that's what sold me on the Harley. Didn't want to rely on somebody pushing my bike incase of a parking jam.
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Comment

sounds good, i remmeber last year hearing harley originally only ordered 2500 to be built, then came the rush and they up'd it to 7500, still can't keep them in.

looks good
      We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by rcechser View Post
        Do you ride with your chair, if so do you have a pic set up I had one order but let it go for a few months would still like to have it by fall.
        Not yet. I'm in the process of building a hitch so I can mount a bike rack to it to hold my chair. Your gonna love your new trike when you get it, it practily drives itself. Between the steering stabalizer and the longer fork rake that it has makes it handle like a dream.

Seth-o's comment on tipping doesn't apply on this trike. Harley did a hell of a job on the new chassis design for all there touring bikes, and the trike is no exception. You have to be riding like a bat out of hell for the wheels to leave the asphalt, believe me, I've already tried.
        If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom92 View Post
          Not yet. I'm in the process of building a hitch so I can mount a bike rack to it to hold my chair. Your gonna love your new trike when you get it, it practily drives itself. Between the steering stabalizer and the longer fork rake that it has makes it handle like a dream.

Seth-o's comment on tipping doesn't apply on this trike. Harley did a hell of a job on the new chassis design for all there touring bikes, and the trike is no exception. You have to be riding like a bat out of hell for the wheels to leave the asphalt, believe me, I've already tried.
          I found a aftermarket place that builds the hitches if you are interested it is on my other computer let me know I will send you the link they were cheap I don't think you could build it for what they were selling them for, don't hold me to it but I want to say they were right around $300.00 with shipping to NH.
          Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Comment

Originally posted by SethO View Post
            buy a spyder, does not tip like a standard trike. I have drove my cage once in the last 2 months. Have the wheechair mounted on the back. have about 19k into the 09 se5 and mods for the handicrapp stuff on it. have about 10k in miles. I can do double the posted, and there are tons of aftermarket stuff if you are into touring. I would check into it, I have had also had landing gear on my zx12 and it was too dicey on the road.
            Seth, I don't want to hurt your feeling but I have a snowmobile that what that thing is, but you drive it on asphalt. Also I have been riding for 3 years have never had my trike on 2 wheels yet so not sure who told you about the tipping.I am glad you are back out riding but there is nothing like riding a Harley!
            Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Comment

Cyclops and Seth o, those trikes look like something from the Anime Akira! Very very cool!

Comment

yep same here guy's ive had this trike 3 years now and i ride it hard alot of the time ive never had it tip or even feel like it's gona tip
                infact it feels more like the front will let go first IE understear

the place that built mine does track day's on his and has never rolled it
                allthough setho's can-am does look like it will corner faster

i did look at the can-am setho but it was a bit to costly for me and also felt a bit more like a quad than a bike i also looked at the t-rex , they both look a lot of fun
                t-rex -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38TFetQAe2o&feature=fvst

have also checked out lee beaver's landing gear is that the same as your ZX12 setho ?
                and the same as you said it looks a bit to dicey for the raod even more so over here in the UK as the roads aint the best , pot hole's ect
                had vision's of stopping at traffic lights and finding a hole lol that would be game over
                lee beaver video
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UpP2VFThXA

Comment

Working...
                X