Travel Lift for Cruise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KLD

Thank you. I have always rented one in my travels. This adds up, thinking of getting a travel lift. Thanks again for your help.

p.s. Great forum just stumbled on to it!!
    ron

Comment

Originally posted by rfbdorf View Post
      Like I said earlier, we can rent a lift on the ship, but that would leave us without a lift in the hotel pre- and post-cruise.
      Hi, how was your cruise? Did you ever solve this problem about having a lift in the hotel pre- and post-cruise? Thanks.
      Hotel list: Hoyer-friendly beds, low and adjustable-height beds

Blog: https://thewheeledwonder.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Spitzbub View Post
        Hi, how was your cruise? Did you ever solve this problem about having a lift in the hotel pre- and post-cruise? Thanks.
        You do realize that this thread is 9 years old, right?

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
          You do realize that this thread is 9 years old, right?

(KLD)
          Sure, only rbfdorf perfectly described a problem I'm trying to solve right now. I appreciated your detailed description in this thread, too. How did you negotiate this 'between time' when you might need a patient lift between the flight and the cruise? Or did you always go directly from the airport to the embarkation point? Thanks.
          Hotel list: Hoyer-friendly beds, low and adjustable-height beds

Blog: https://thewheeledwonder.wordpress.com/

Comment

We nearly always went directly to the ship from the airport, but if we went to a hotel, we had the lift with us, just as we had both wheelchairs and our luggage. We gate checked wheelchairs and the lift, so we got them back at the gate, not through baggage claim.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by rfbdorf View Post
              We'll be on a week-long Alaska cruise in August. On our last cruise, we rented a lift; as I recall, that set us back on the order of $275. The lift was the same clunky Hoyer that we have at home, and I could probably buy an equivalent (used) one for the cost of that rental. We used a Beasy board for the transfer to & from the bed in the hotel pre-cruise - that nearly was a disaster, as the bed was so high that we almost didn't make the uphill transfer & my wife nearly hit the floor.
              So anyway, I figure these are our choices now -
              1. We could take our lift with us this time. It only disassembles into a couple of large parts. That would mean rolling it the long way up to the ship, which would make quite a sight, as well as being a PITA.
              2. We could rent again and at least have a lift on the ship; take our chances with the transfer board in the hotel before & after the cruise (I haven't used the board for over a year; we now use the Hoyer and I'm putting in a ceiling lift).
              3. We could purchase a travel lift, like the Molift Smart or Hoyer Advance. But golly, those are expensive, especially the Molift!!! We don't travel much, so I don't know if I could justify that cost. I've been looking on eBay for a number of months, but haven't seen any.
              4. Does anyone between, say, Eugene (we're in Newberg) and Vancouver have a travel lift like one of the above that they would be willing to rent to me for (name a price) for a couple of weeks?

Any other ideas?
              - Richard

p.s. Spoke too soon - there's a Molift Smart on eBay right now. Buy it now for (only) $2950!!! Ack.

Keep an eye out on craigslist they pop up every so often...

Comment

Hoyer Advance on eBay right now: $1399: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hoyer-Advan...wAAOSwyi9aLIcm

The Molift Smart is a 150. The only Molift on eBay right now is the 180, which does not fold up small for travel/storage.

(KLD)

Comment

I purchased the Molift 150 on ebay several years ago. I also purchased the hard travel case for it too. I use it as my every day lift also.

Comment

Working...
                  X