Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to prepare pwr chair for flight

I need your advice

I have a permobil pwr chair that reclines, raises, lowers, with all the tricks

We are flying the the Grand Canyon & the airline reccomended wrapping sensitive parts of the chair in bubble wrap

Any andvice on how to prepare a pwr chair for a long flight

Thanks
    Ryan

Guess I would contact a reputable DME. If you get any info, would you pass it along and let us know if you were charged extra for the 300#+ chair?

Thanks! Dave E.
    Dave E. C6-7 Incomp. Quad 9-06

"NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR DREAMS!"
    "THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR THE INSIDE OF A MAN / WOMAN THAN THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE"

Comment

They are not allowed to charge extra for your mobility equipment (at least one per passenger) although I have seen them charge for multiple sports chairs on the same flight for the same passenger.

If your controls are removable, remove them and take them as your carry-on. They are the most likely thing to be damaged. Mark your batteries as gel and attach directions for putting the chair in freewheel and locking. Remove anything removable (cushion, back-pack, etc.) and wrap the rest in bubblewrap.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X