No announcement yet.

olympics 2008 .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the same thing too. They all look 12!! USA has some cuties..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

They do look young! I felt so sorry for that girl on the us team who couldn't compete in the qualifying matches tonight b/c of an injury. To come all that far and not even get to play.
      T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Holy Shit!!!!!!!!! Anyone just see the upset by USA over France in the 4 x 100 freestyle? WOW.. France was shit-talking earlier today saying they were going to smash the Americans. What an upset!! This keeps Phelps' record-breaking gold medal run intact.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Comment

America spanked them smack-talking French
          Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
          Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

That finish was freaking insane man, never seen anything like it. Thanks for the motivation France.
            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

This Michael Phelps guy is unstoppable! Anyone else hear about France talking trash earlier in the day about the 400m relay swimming event?

Also, anyone hear the story on the 33yr old female gymnast from Russia, playing for Germany? Her son was diagnosed with Leukemia and she couldn't get a bed for him in her homeland. She went to a coach, who's German, and monies were raised ... her son is now in remission ... and she is now competing for Germany. Unbelievable strength this woman has ... I thought she was going to knock over the vault!!! Competing against 16yr olds ... I wish her well!

We have one Canadian gymnast who broke both knees within the last two years, as well as a torn ligamnet, during a floor routine - Kyle Shewfelt.

Canadians=No medals. Summers are short-lived here. lol
              Last edited by lynnifer; 11 Aug 2008, 12:58 PM.
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Man, that was the best Relay ever! Lezak's leg was unbelievable, he swam like a fish. The announcers were having a whole lot of fun at the French teams expense. "Stunned!, that's the word they should have used instead of Smash."

Even sweeter, the trash talker was the one who lost the race. And Rowdy Gaines had to eat his words, earlier he said "no matter which way I play the numbers, France comes up the winners."

Lynnifer - yeah I saw that piece on the 33yr old. She is one impressive woman. And she attacked that vault.
                "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer
                  Anyone else hear about France talking trash earlier in the day about the 400m relay swimming event?
                  Refer to my #18 post.. do you just not read mine?

Also, anyone hear the story on the 33yr old female gymnast from Russia, playing for Germany?
                  Yes, what a great story. She's did well.. actually, all the gymnasts looked crisp on the vault. I have my DVR recording every minute except primetime coverage.. I'm almost caught back up and what kinda' sucks is that primetime coverage will tell spoilers for the a.m. coverage I haven't seen yet. No biggie, but I did see the live ''smash'' by the French.. um, I mean Americans. Lezak is something else but I think Phelps had the fastest split.

Comment

Re the 400 m relay, Lezak said he was able to draft the French guy, went over by the rope and apparently benefitted from his wake. I knew it worked in NASCAR didn't know it applied to swimming.

Re the Chinese women's gymnastic team being pre pubescent (lying about their ages?), they don't have the added weight of breasts, hips and butts to loft into the air. They seem to get greater elevation in some important events as a result. The commentators were saying there was some questioning re their ages and that the IOC or perhaps the gymnastic organization was thinking of going to a gymnastic passport which would be perhaps more accurate than the current system which may be lying then swearing to it.

Comment

so the fireworks were faked:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26139005/

I don't know whether to laugh or what...

Comment

Originally posted by rybread
                        where can i find legal clips online (youtube don't like)
                        www.nbcolympics.com

Comment

Way to go Phelps on your 10th and 11th Gold medals!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
                            Way to go Phelps on your 10th and 11th Gold medals!!!
                            no kidding. that dude must have gills.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett
                              so the fireworks were faked:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26139005/

I don't know whether to laugh or what...
                              Hah, how about the singer lip synching.

Here
                              Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by fishin'guy
                                Sue, do you live close enuf to canada to get their coverage? I live just north of Seattle Wa and get the Canadian coverage. Gawd I absolutely love it, their coverage is so much more diverse than US's coverage.AND can watch live events, and they cover a huge number of varying events, some of which you actuall forget, or don't remember being in the Olympics.
                                Me thinks me might be house, and yes, recliner bound(actually reclineing couch end) hehe. for the next two weeks.
                                The USA Channel is on from like midnight to 8am EDT. That's what I switch to after NBC shuts down.

I lived in Augsburg Germany during the 1992 winter olympics and would watch the German stations then switch to the Swiss who seem to like more Nordic/shooting sports. Americans really get screwed by what sponsors think we like versus what we really like.
                                Last edited by Sue Pendleton; 14 Aug 2008, 1:05 AM.
                                Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Working...
                                X