No announcement yet.

The new trend in hotel bed height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have also noticed this trend. I keep telling myself I need to get a sliding board for when I travel because the beds are getting too high and it's usually a struggle to get into/out of bed.

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423
      .. SJean .. "My hubby had to basically throw me in bed on a recent trip. "
      Ooooooo ... Hey ya gotta like this kinda fun! William

P.S. Couldn't resist.

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

Originally posted by CiscoNJenn
        I weigh 125lbs and had to throw my husband on to the bed.
        Jenn ... this seems to be some kind of wild sex trend! William

P.S. Not accepting the change in height of beds, just hope you smiled!

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

Originally posted by amarillogal
          I have also noticed this trend. I keep telling myself I need to get a sliding board for when I travel because the beds are getting too high and it's usually a struggle to get into/out of bed.
          It's a total bummer. For years, I endured handicapped bathrooms that made me completely dependent on my husband for toliet needs. I usually skipped showers and did wipe downs.

Now, I'm independent as hell getting out of bed in the morning in motels. No need to wait for help using the bathroom, or shower! I'm free.

But, just as suddenly, I can't hop into bed anymore. WTH?

Last March, my husband & I took a trip back east. We tracked down a DME dealer and I bought a sliding board the second day out. (It still wasn't easy.) I hate having to go to bed before he relaxes, or falls asleep.

Which independence do I prefer over the other? I don't think both is too much to ask for at this point.

Do we know anyone disabled, or elderly, who likes this trend?

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
          - Barack Obama

Comment

Even if we can manage the transfer we should all complain whenever we encounter one of these beds. We will be doing the next chair user a favor.

I have had good luck with Microtel, a small chain that seems to specialize in complete accessibility.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientgimp
              Even if we can manage the transfer we should all complain whenever we encounter one of these beds. We will be doing the next chair user a favor.
              Indeed. Speak directly to management. Don't expect anyone at the front desk to pass on the information. They could get busy and forget or just not realize how important it is.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by cass
                so i don't know if anybody has noticed but many hotels are switching to what i call european style beds, which are several inches taller than standard wheelchair seat height, making my transfer impossible. anybody else running into this?
                Taller maybe, wider the same? In US one have Queen, King and now I know european beds. Okay then.

Comment

we stayed at the sorrel ranch in moab ut last yr.they to siad room handicap
                  lol shower bench was 6 inches lower than chair so after shower got dress but no way could me and my sister get me back in chair had to call front desk for help also when going to bed had to call front desk for some to assist my sister to get me in of course that ivolved more tips

got to love it

Comment

I hope that you all will forgive me for" butting in" but if you ever want to give Thailand a go for holiday we provide our Customers with height adjustable beds.

Comment

Working...
                    X