Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valium vs tetrazepam

valium [diazepam]vs tetrazepam.
    does anyone of you used tetrazepam instead of valium[diazepam]?
    my doc told me that i should try.

Tetrazepam or Temazepam?
    The latter is good.....especially for sleep, where as Tetrazepam relax's without the added effect of making one sleepy.
    C-5 incomplete , walking with crutches. In controlled pain. Respect to all SCI people.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyC
      Tetrazepam or Temazepam?
      The latter is good.....especially for sleep, where as Tetrazepam relax's without the added effect of making one sleepy.
      tetrazepam ....i used to take TEMAZEPAM 30 mgs....for sleep.
      tetrazepam info.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrazepam

Comment

I'm going to hopefully be getting some type of muscle relaxer when I go to the doctor on the 14th, are those my choices? He's been reluctant to give me a muscle relaxer for a year now... It sucks, because I KNOW that a lot of my pain comes from my muscles. Meh.

Comment

Yeah, know what you mean!
          I never took to Baclofen but Valium works wonders for me.....only at night time though.
          C-5 incomplete , walking with crutches. In controlled pain. Respect to all SCI people.

Comment

vallium also worked sooooo much better than baclofin fo me too, even after being amped up ALOT, baclofin seemed to do nothing in comparison. Everybody is different, and the drugs they take are gonna work different.
            Also its less than 20 $ to fill a script of 90 10mg.
            Has it been five years yet? ..........

Comment

Please could someone from the U.S tell me how the 'insurance' thing works out there.....you mention $20 for 90 10mg.....etc

Over here in England, because I'm now disabled, I get about $2500 / month to live and all and any medication I need is totally 100% free.

How's it work your end because I often read "the insurance company won't pay etc"

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyC
                Please could someone from the U.S tell me how the 'insurance' thing works out there.....you mention $20 for 90 10mg.....etc

Over here in England, because I'm now disabled, I get about $2500 / month to live and all and any medication I need is totally 100% free.

How's it work your end because I often read "the insurance company won't pay etc"

Cheers
                I have 2 health insurances, Aetna and Medicaid, so just about anything I get is free. Medicaid pays for about 90% of the meds, and the other pays the rest. I've only found that I have to pay for one med so far. Guess it depends on which insurance you have.

Comment

You have it good..

Do NOT move to the US if thats what your considering.

Especially if your on DA.

You have it really good my friend, don't step foot over here. Trust what I'm saying, I am going through a hard time with healthcare here, do NOT move here.

Comment

I just changed jobs and my meds have gone through the roof virtually everything except narcotics are $50 copay, I'm a mess so do 10 meds a month and my wife 4 it is killing us.

bill
                    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
                    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Comment

Don't move to Texas

I am on disability here in Texas. I live on about $1000. Soon I will have no insurance due to some craziness with the SSA. I will have no assistance except for the prescription assistance programs. I was a vocational rehabilitation counselor until I became too ill to work. This is a new illness, but everyone says its spinal cord. Because of my position as a voc rehab counselor, I watched so many people struggle with having no insurance. The govenor of Texas has turned down $550 million in stimulus money yet allows people in Texas to die from lack of care. I lost three people with quadraparesis on my caseload due to a lack of medical care.
                      "What need have you to fear the monstrous crying of the wind?"

Kitty

Comment

On the various benzodiazepines. There has been conflicting literature. One of the big controversies has been the effect on memory. People with central pain for some reason have a defect in working memory. Basically, this means they have trouble thinking of two things at once. If you are trying to remember something and someone approaches you aggressively about something else, you are very likely to forget if there is some emotional thing in the environment. Some have traced this to changes in the anterior cingulum, and some have implicated the medial frontal cortex.

Various researchers have claimed benzodiazepines make the working memory problem worse. From my own experience, clonazepam has been the most satisfactory. Valium does the same thing, but at the high doees it causes me a little nausea, which klonopin does not. I do think clonazepam makes one a little drowsy but this is not a bad thing at night. In the day, it seems to take the edge off the pain, but this is true of the touch pain as well as muscle pain. I don't think anyone knows the mechanism.

So it basically may boil down to how much working memory problem you have. If you have a lot, you probably don't want to take lorazepam. The other drugs don't have much in the literature so you will have to consider your own working memory and how it is affecting you.

Comment

Working...
                        X