pain in the butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mimin
    not my first time, but definitely one of the best! i'm not sure abt the laws... i have a good friend who is more than happy to smoke with me when i ask. but seriously, how do you manage to go out, spend time with your family, excercise, etc. with the pain?
    Good question. I just do the best I can. I'm always fidgety in my chair, tilting and reclining. Sitting still for a long period of time is tough. I have someone check my Roho cushion and pull out any wrinkles under my butt a few times a day. It does limit my activity and on really bad days I don't do much at all. Allie (our daughter) helps to keep me going though. I can't do as much as I'd like to with her, but I try. Luckily for me she is not a big complainer, unlike my wife sometimes... And of course there's pain meds.

Exercise mainly consists of someone putting wrist weights on my arms which I can move around whether I'm sitting up or tilted back.

We don't really do a lot outside for fun, mostly it's running errands. When we plan something, like taking Allie to an amusement park, it's killing me by the end of the day. I can feel every bump and crack in the pavement. I don't drive. A lack of strength and balance has prevented me from driving safely. If I did it would have to be only short trips.

I don't know if I answered your question or not, but that is a glimpse into my life.

Comment

Originally posted by quadvet
      F**k those people who try to tell me I'm just not trying hard enough, they don't understand. Re: weed: "all things in moderation".
      On both things I agree.

Comment

/forum/showpost.php?p=525104&postcount=6
        Quote Dr. Wise Young:
        The following drugs may lead to dangerous sedation if taken with Percocet [oxycodone + acetaminophen]:
        · tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline (Elavil) and doxepin (Sinequan), and serotonin reuptake inhibitors such as fluoxetine (Prozac), sertraline (Zoloft), and paroxetine (Paxil);
        · tranquilizers and sedatives such as phenobarbital (Solfoton, Luminal), amobarbital (Amytal), secobarbital (Seconal), alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), flurazepam (ProSom), and temazepam (Restoril).
        get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

I'm always fidgeting in my chair (and bed), vainly trying to counteract the effect of my scoliosis (constant crooked feeling) and trying to loosen my always taut back.
          Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

If I don't take zopiclone to help me sleep I get bad pain, like someone is shoving a cattleprod up my ass. In my dreams I'm walking on my hands the pain is so bad. If I wake up mid-dream, the pain will linger about 5 or 10 minutes. It sucks.
            www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

I'm all for a cure BUTT can't we at least get someone to find a way to turn this blowtorch off!
              "Its not about being right. It's about getting it right."
              Joe Dumars

Comment

well, my pain has subsided a little in the past few days, or my pain tolerance has increased. Either way, hats off to everyone who deals w/it 24/7; i would say it is worse than the bbs problems.

Comment

well, my pain has subsided a little in the past few days, or my pain tolerance has increased. Either way, hats off to everyone who deals w/it 24/7; i would say it is worse than the bbs problems.
                  Good to hear it, Mimin. From my reading lately, it gets worse with time. I am gearing up to start a more comprehensive thread about it. Got some good answers and ideas from here you might want to check out: http://sci.washington.edu/index.asp

Comment

The following drugs may lead to dangerous sedation if taken with Percocet [oxycodone + acetaminophen]:
                    · tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline (Elavil) and doxepin (Sinequan), and serotonin reuptake inhibitors such as fluoxetine (Prozac), sertraline (Zoloft), and paroxetine (Paxil);
                    · tranquilizers and sedatives such as phenobarbital (Solfoton, Luminal), amobarbital (Amytal), secobarbital (Seconal), alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), flurazepam (ProSom), and temazepam (Restoril).

your doc neeeds to know all your meds
                    amytriptyline and oxycodone and neurontin and ultram were my daily regiment for a long time, amytriptyline in pain management is normally used at very low doses, 10 to 20 mgs. it takes a while to get a blood level and to see if it is working
                    cauda equina

Comment

not my first time, but definitely one of the best! i'm not sure abt the laws... i have a good friend who is more than happy to smoke with me when i ask. but seriously, how do you manage to go out, spend time with your family, excercise, etc. with the pain?

when I'm out with my new b/f or out shopping is when I don't think about the pain, its when I get home and I'm alone that the pain seems to worsen. I'm 22 yrs post and just within the last 2 years has the pain increased to where I'm thinking of asking my doctor for something to ease the pain, so far I've resisted any type of meds for pain.
                      A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by wtf
                        when I'm out with my new b/f or out shopping is when I don't think about the pain, its when I get home and I'm alone that the pain seems to worsen.
                        WTF, it's all in your head then..so I've been told so many times. Sorry, i hate this damn pain! Sorry you got it also.

Comment

While I find that often if I get busy, or go out, my pain doesn;t seem as bad as well. But I think that part of that is b/cif I CAN get busy or go out, it is because the pain level wasn;t as bad to start with. On a really bad day, going out, and getting busy with anything isn;t an option.

mimin,

I have similar pain in my butt, and like someone else posted, it get worse as the day continues. Mine is helped by getting out of my chair, and lying down. But that isn;t always an option, or how I want to spend my time. I take lyrica, but also find that the percocets I take for non-nerve pain help knock the edge of the nerve pain as well.

re, when I can't sleep b/c pain, I sometimes do suduko puzzles, or play computer solitaire games. Something that requires some brain involvement, but not tons of it. It doesn;t help me get to sleep, but passes the time. I can;t really read, or do anything that requires a lot of concentration.
                          T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Does anyone get intenstinal cramps along with back burning and anal spasms and burning. I hurt the more I sit so I am wonderin if it's anus related. Also the neuropathic pain is a mess. I remember they would do my bowel program every morning while in rehab after my accident. STUCK a suppoditory in at 6:30 and then 30 mg of baclofin 3 x's a day. The 3 stool sofeners also now seems like it would contribute to pain.

The doctor would come in every morning at around 6 am, before a bowel program at 7 am. Addressing the doctor as I would wake up in burning and buzing skin, he would reply, it's in your head.

So I would do the bowels and then move aloing to physical therapy. Was put on a schedule of a stool softener and 30 mg of baclofen also that I would later stop doing and felt better after stopping. Seemed that the emptying of bowels and physical therapy help to relieve the gas that would get trapped and hurt me every morning.

I seem to be getting more gas than my body can handle and was wonderin if anyone here hurts more sitting up than laying down. But then laying down causes gas to get trapped. What can be done?

Comment

Has anyone ever thought to snug a belt around the hips and buttocks to keep them from spreading out so much? This might help in regards to keeping the muscles of the buttock from stretching out and going into spasm.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher
                                In my dreams I'm walking on my hands the pain is so bad.
                                chris..i'm not laughing at ya cause i have these same pains.

but that made my eyes water.

Comment

Working...
                                X