Reality bites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality bites

For some reason, after my first two hours of sleep since Monday night, I wokeup ambitious. I was thinking of finding a way to exercise, do more stuff, etc. Then I got in my chair, the scapulas did their sticking, the back pain did iys skin ripping feeling when I move, the scoliosis did its "let's make sure he tips from side to side with no balance" thing, and poof, there went ambition. What a bummer.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Alan... {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Not much else to say...smooch..Mary
    1FineSpineRN

Comment

reality sucks and i feel like to bite ....beware bad QUAD ....MRRRR........

Comment

I can't even begin to imagine your pain. Lately I've noticed a burning sensation in my toes, sometimes both feet and one day up to my calves.

This is new for me as a flaccid para for 22yrs. This takes that 'electric spark' feeling when I knock a bone, to a whole new level of goodness my foot must be on fire, lol.

I imagine this is what starts as neuropathic pain? It's not really pain, as it is burning yet noticeable. 3 - 5 out of 10. I can probably tune it out if I was busy doing something else, but I do notice it quite a bit more when I'm trying to fall asleep.

Are all people afflicted by paralysis expected to get pain eventually? Anyone know? I wonder if there are studies on this for chronic paralysis?
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer
          I can't even begin to imagine your pain.
          I echo what lynnifer said. I'm so sorry you have to live with this day-in and day-out.

Comment

lynn my pain level 10 and above daily ....torture.from my neck below including toe nails...thank god my hair [on the head skull ]do not hurt.
            is hard ...agrrrrrrrr........5 years only.
            after oeg [china]procedure the pain increased.
            last year july.

Comment

Originally posted by alan
              For some reason, after my first two hours of sleep since Monday night, I wokeup ambitious. I was thinking of finding a way to exercise, do more stuff, etc

Good for you Alan,
              Get up and try again
              Then, Get up and try again
              Then, Get up and try again and then tell us how many times it took to do "more stuff" It's in you, might take 40 tries, but the "more stuff" is in you, you'll get it.

It will take endurance, courage and sheer will power on an epic scale to push thourgh the pain barrier do this and you will redifine heroism, And through the bleak period when your wandering mind gets obsessed with the idea that you’re finished - persist, these demons can never be silenced for good, the experience is part of a continuum, the repeated battle against surrender.

Good Luck,

JimmyMack
              JimmyMack
              Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
              http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Comment

Lynnifer, that sounds like neuro pain. Maybe you can control it via medication since you caught early.

Every SCI doesn't necessarily get it, and it doesn't neecessarily spread in every SCI that does. Every case is individual.
                Alan

Comment

(((HUGS))), it is extremely difficult to do anything when you are hurting like that!

I say, you can knock me down, kick me, stomp on me but, I get back up still fighting,something we must do.
                  "I've got to keep breathing. Because tomorrow, the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

Comment

Originally posted by adi chicago
                    lynn my pain level 10 and above daily ....torture.from my neck below including toe nails
                    I'm so sorry adi. Where did you first hear about the OEG procedure? Do you regret doing it?
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by alan
                      For some reason, after my first two hours of sleep since Monday night, I wokeup ambitious. I was thinking of finding a way to exercise, do more stuff, etc. Then I got in my chair, the scapulas did their sticking, the back pain did iys skin ripping feeling when I move, the scoliosis did its "let's make sure he tips from side to side with no balance" thing, and poof, there went ambition. What a bummer.
                      i have these same damn ideas, alan. i'll take some oxy, lay there an doze off for an hour or so, wake up pain free, think about things i could/wanna/can do, roll over an "BOO'YAAAAAAA", theres that same pain, same spot on my back/right hip, same intensity.....then the neuro.......burning/tingling from the waist down, emphasizing in the feet area, an not to forget the backs of my forearms an hands. i never understood what ya meant by scapulas poppin...BUT I DO NOW, haha. get up on my elbows in bed an raise my arms.....sounds like someone runnin a stick down picket fence. i used to handle it pretty good but i guess, bein 42 yrs old aint helpin none, can't keep the "will to exercise/go-get-em" attitude as top priority these days. i'm only 6 yrs post an it seems to be gettin worse by the day.

wish we lived closer, maybe we could whine/motivate each other into a new state of mind, HAHA.

good luck, brutha. hopefully the worlds dedicated physicians will figure out something for us sci's soon.

if they were all as dedicated as our Dr. Young, maybe we all wouldn't have to suffer like we do. i know all sci's aren't as painful as some but for some of us........PAIN is the worst part of our injury.

Comment

I didn't wake up pain-free (oby, that sure would have inspired ambition), but in a very unusual (for me) state of mind. I tnough t warranted a thread.

Dr. Young's the best. I hope the docs he's dealing with in China are doing some research on pain.
                        Alan

Comment

in china after my oeg procedure ...excrutiating head ache ...tramadol ...in usa strong iv narcotics for pain [the price is diffr.]i almost died [iv meds]
                          i hate pain and meds.

Comment

I have suffered relentless 10++ pain after fate's (or, more accurately that dolt's intertemperance) catacylsmic thrust into this most perverse and vile way of existence. During the first several months, I simply believed my body was in a state of flux, but now, 1.8 years later, I am dealing w/this, this most excruciating pain a body should never -ethically- be allowed to feel w/out being doped up on some sort of IV relief. I truly do not have any desire to imagine this in 5 or 7 years.

Micha.

Comment

Working...
                            X