Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massive abdominal pain for years... GONE BABY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive abdominal pain for years... GONE BABY!

I'm a c3/c4 complete quad. 15yrs post. I was having pain in my right side about half way up. It would never go away completely, but it was always worse the day before my bowel care and somewhat better the next day. I went the doc over and over. we did ultrasounds, MRI, gall bladder test... etc. It was getting to the point where I didn't feel like working, socializing or anything.

You know what is was? Fiber. My doc told me to try it. But honestly, I didn't give it enough time and I wasn't doing enough either. I recently decided to try Benefiber cuz they say it dissolves completly w/ no taste. THAT STUFF ROX, YOU CAN'T TELL ITS THERE... EVEN IN STRAIGHT WATER!

and also,

DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. get a 1 litre container and drink 3 a day.

I suffered for too long. don't be stupid like me.

Cool!!! So glad to hear it turned out to be that easy!

Comment

Good to hear you feel better, pain sucks.

Comment

I take fiber daily, and have for years. Abdominal pain doesn't improve - just keeps intensifying with time, like my back and elsewhere.

Glad you found relief.
        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Glad you're feeling better, the mystery solved.

Fiber ... It's a good thing.

Comment

I've been wanting to try that Benefiber stuff .. glad to hear it worked for you!
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno3D
              I'm a c3/c4 complete quad. 15yrs post. I was having pain in my right side about half way up. It would never go away completely, but it was always worse the day before my bowel care and somewhat better the next day. I went the doc over and over. we did ultrasounds, MRI, gall bladder test... etc. It was getting to the point where I didn't feel like working, socializing or anything.

You know what is was? Fiber. My doc told me to try it. But honestly, I didn't give it enough time and I wasn't doing enough either. I recently decided to try Benefiber cuz they say it dissolves completly w/ no taste. THAT STUFF ROX, YOU CAN'T TELL ITS THERE... EVEN IN STRAIGHT WATER!

and also,

DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. get a 1 litre container and drink 3 a day.

I suffered for too long. don't be stupid like me.
              I LOVE your post!!!!!!!
              http://www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernails.html
              Your fingernails reflect your health --
              Learn some warning signs --
              Karen Kline

Comment

Originally posted by alan
                I take fiber daily, and have for years. Abdominal pain doesn't improve - just keeps intensifying with time, like my back and elsewhere.

Glad you found relief.
                Hi Alan,
                I think I remember you from the BrainTalk thread.

Have you tried serrapeptase at all?

My friend just told me about it and I've been trying it. It's an enzyme, I think. I have back pain, nothing like what you are dealing with, but still so bad it keeps me from being able to do things.

I've been taking it about a month and I think there is improvement.

You know, it's not like a drug that knocks out the pain.

What it does, as I understand it, is reduce swelling.

I think it's reducing my varicose veins... but I can't be sure. I took photos, and I still can't be sure.

If you want to read what my friend wrote to me, I have it on one of my web pages:
                http://www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Serrapeptase.html
                Karen Kline

Comment

FWIW, for a few years now I've included B-12 deficiency in my list of things that can cause central pain, but I have to say this is the first apparent case I've actually come across aside from cases in medical literature.

http://www.painonline.org/WhoGets.htm

Comment

Originally posted by David Berg
                    FWIW, for a few years now I've included B-12 deficiency in my list of things that can cause central pain, but I have to say this is the first apparent case I've actually come across aside from cases in medical literature.

http://www.painonline.org/WhoGets.htm
                    Hi.
                    Oh dear, do you mean me?

I don't think I have central pain.

There was a lot of pain with the tetanus, but there were so many things going on, like how hard it was to breathe, and how little strength I had, that I didn't keep track of specific aspects very well.

Wait, you may be responding to the original post... sorry. I'm going to go back and read the beginning of the thread again. I don't remember it now.

Yes, I was completely confused about what thread I was in.

Please forgive me.
                    Karen Kline

Comment

I've tried enzymes, and I take B12 (sublingual methylcobalamin, actually - I first got the info on it from Fred on Braintalk.)
                      Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

I've tried enzymes, and I take B12 (sublingual methylcobalamin, actually - I first got the info on it from Fred on Braintalk.)
                        Hi Alan,

Oh, isn't Fred ever cool!!!!!!!!

I didn't appreciate how much B12 he was taking. I don't "get" things sometimes. I do, after a while.

He wrote me recently and he's having Methylcobalamin injections now.
                        For him, the B12 made a huge difference. He was hoping for even more improvement from the methylcobalamin injections.

This serrapeptase is new. Did you read what my friend sent me?

I had thought that B12 would make my pain in my back go away. It did about 8 years ago. But it isn't making much difference right now. (That may not be accurate. I mean, it could be worse, and maybe if I wasn't having the B12, it would be way worse.)

The serrapeptase does seem to be making a difference.

But see, I'm not in pain right now when I'm lying down.

It's when I get up... I wasn't able to peel two onions and cut them into a cooking pot before the pain got unbearable.

But now, it seems as if I can be up longer, and that when the pain comes it's not unbearable quite so fast.

What forums did you used to go to at Brain Talk?
                        Last edited by Methylcobalamin1@msn.com; 08-14-2006, 09:49 PM.
                        Karen Kline

Comment

If you drink a lot of alcohol I've read that you should take B-12 supplements. I guess the alcohol depletes it.
                          "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

It is best not to drink too much alcohol as it will brings a lot of problem to health. One of my friend who drink too much and now his liver are damaged and in critical condition. I just hope people will learn from it and consumed less. Health is more important.

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark
                              If you drink a lot of alcohol I've read that you should take B-12 supplements. I guess the alcohol depletes it.
                              Hi Bob,

Yes, I think that drinking alcohol does deplete B12. I found a lot of symptoms and causes of low B12 and put them onto a page in my site with some diagrams I drew and the history of B12.

One of the things that a lot of people are surprised by is that taking antacids, like Tums and Prolesec (darn it, I forget how to spell that. I think I may have spelled it to sound too much like Prozac), reduces B12 because stomach acid is needed to get the B12 out of food.

B12 is a very complicated vitamin. It's good to take a multivitamin with it, so that the other B vitamins in the complex are supplied.

It was nice to find your post this morning. I have a really challenging day ahead, and a nice, friendly post is such a huge help to staying balanced and grounded.
                              Karen Kline

Comment

Working...
                              X