No announcement yet.

lortab or percocet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cutting back on the percocet, thanx for the advice!

Thanks for the input firesmurf. Well, I discussed with my physiatrist that I was concerned about the tylenol intake. He gave me a script for a morphine sulfate continuous called Kadian. 1 a day @ 60mg. I am on my 3rd day into this option and it seems to help knock the pain down a level or 3. I still am taking the percocet for breakthrough pain. So far it has been a half in the morning and a half at night. I have not been very active however because of a pulled muscle. The kind that gets caught under the shoulder blade and shoots up through the neck. ouch!!! I have modified my sleeping position to stay off of that side and it seems to be working itself out. Well, that's all for now.
    PEACE and be well,
    James

Comment

Originally posted by metronycguy
      i am sure that people that consume any alchol, even just a glass of wine at night are really increasing the acetaminophen based dangers
      Mike,

What was your CE injury? Mine is at L5/S1.

Val

Comment

dr's dont care

im writing with a psp my pc broke bare with me.
        i think percocet is better then lortab , but it depends on the person. i dont understand dr's i have cronic pain, i get 6percocets a day and 1oxycontin it worked for 2 years since the onset of the nerve pain. it seem no dr wants to find something to help me. i never touched pain pills be4 i got sick and docs treat u like u want get high which is not me at all. i just want to be out of pain thanks 4 Listening

Comment

Long Hair is a problem

I have looked for years for other forms other than medication. Exercise, mild, meditation, the works.

After leaving the military, still seen as a retired family member, I let my hair grow. Liked longer hair before the military and allowed it to grow since. I find that I am totally discriminated against by most my PCMs as well. I really feel they believe I am drug hunting, so I do not pursue medication other than those acute episodes where I cannot move (Military Armored Personnel Carrier Accident in 1983). My only fault was believing I was 22 and it would not effect me. As I have gotten older, much older (almost 49) it is a constant pain 24 hours a day. I am thankfully financially secure and try and tell them when I feel them looking at me, that if I were a drug addict, I would just find a STREET dealer. I have been made aware of where I live in Huntsville, Alabama, the so called $300 docs that will write you what you need, but even that makes me feel like a criminal and I will not do it.

Long Hair does not constitute a drug user, it is silly....

Comment

Percocet

I started out the the Lortabs. Grew tolerant. Went to 5 mg percocet then to 7.5 mg percocet. Went to ER one night when the Flexeril and the Percocets weren't helping and was referred to pain management. Now am on the Duragesic Patch every 48 hours plus 7.5 mg percocet for my breakthrough pain ( max 4 a day ). Hate the durgesic patch as they are hard to get ( pharmacy stock different generic but not the one that works ).The percocets take edge of pain but then my tolerance may be building to the 7.5 mg

Comment

perocet

perocet is the only thing that works for me too, hydrocodone does nothing for me, the only side effect i get with perocet is my legs and feet swell, they call it adema and it only triggers when i'm taking percocet.

Comment

Lifeafter49 - I want to share my take on duragesic patches... After a major spine revision this spring , I couldn't take oral meds , so I was placed on the patches. I found that the drug delivery to be very erratic, sometimes too much, other times not enough. I never got 72 hours out of it but rather I got 48 hrs of relief. I found that although the generic price was right, it wasn't as effective as non generic.
                I was very relieved to be through with them. Good luck to you and I hope they work out for you.....jon

Comment

Patches made me sick as a dog.
                  Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Originally posted by arndog View Post
                    Lifeafter49 - I want to share my take on duragesic patches... After a major spine revision this spring , I couldn't take oral meds , so I was placed on the patches. I found that the drug delivery to be very erratic, sometimes too much, other times not enough. I never got 72 hours out of it but rather I got 48 hrs of relief. I found that although the generic price was right, it wasn't as effective as non generic.
                    I was very relieved to be through with them. Good luck to you and I hope they work out for you.....jon
                    Jon, were you on name-brand or generic? I can't remember the details, but there was a recognized problem with consistent delivery. Some docs were afraid of it creating an unsafe situation.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                      Patches made me sick as a dog.
                      same here, alan. i finally figured out that lortab=hydrocodone........percocet=oxycodone.

oxy helps more than hydro for me.

Comment

Originally posted by David Berg View Post
                        Jon, were you on name-brand or generic? I can't remember the details, but there was a recognized problem with consistent delivery. Some docs were afraid of it creating an unsafe situation.
                        David -
                        I was started on the generic patches after they corrected that scare that some of them were having trouble with even delivery and might have been dangerous, but still, it was my impression that the generic patch delivery of med was very uneven.

Comment

It's disturbing to learn how much variance is allowed for any generic drug. With a patch delivery method, I'm afraid I simply couldn't trust it. The problem is insurance companies sometimes don't give you a choice, or make that choice very expensive.

Comment

I agree. For a while, even oxycontin went generic and they too had issues about uneven drug delivery. Fortunately, they got pulled. But I had first hand experience of that too.

Comment

i had the same problem with hydro vs oxycodone and the oxycodone works much better so if i were you i would ask for the percocet witch it the oxycodone.

Comment

Oxycodone

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I had an artificial disk put in my c5/c6 area in 2006. The surgery relieved the pain, but before that nothing would touch it. I wanted to write and let it be known that oxycodone is the primary ingredient in Oxycotin(Time released) and Percocet(mixed with tylenol), but they do make a pill that is striaght oxycodone( no tylenol, so better for your liver). This pill is called roxycodone, and it comes in 5,15, and 30 mg increments, pain docs usually prescribe them to terminal pts,etc and they do a world of good. It was the only drug that even touched my pain. It is definately worth asking the doctor for. It would be so so much better than loratab or percs for long term use... Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                                X